MacArthur 4K News
April 4th, 2016
This Week in 4K:
- We will continue our Farm Unit. After narrowing down our list of animals that live on the farm, the morning class voted to learn more about horses and the afternoon class voted to learn more about pigs. We will spend the next week or so really studying these animals and learning about what they look like, what they eat, where they live, what the babies are called, and the life-cycle.
- We will be doing a pig art project on Tuesday and Wednesday and will be painting mud on our pigs on Thursday (with chocolate pudding, which we will be making and having for snack as well).
- Lending Library checkout is BACK this week! (Tuesday for the morning class).
- During table activities, your child will practice writing numbers 1-20 or higher. Please have them show you how they write numbers. They are making great progress in practicing number writing.
- We will be counting by 10's to 100, counting backwards from 10 to 1 and 20 to 1, and counting forwards from 1 to 40.
- Thank you for all the milk caps!
Here are some pictures of the students working with the Bee Bots
The bee bots went on the white mat you see below. The students had to give commands to the Bee Bots and tell it where they wanted it to go. The Bee Bot could move forwards or backwards and could also turn. Some students were able to string several commands together to make it move ahead and turn and move ahead again.