Multiple Assignments Due Today
Welcome to Day 2!
- Today you will complete your Writing, Vocabulary and Part 1 of your Speaking Assignment.
- Remember to log in every day (Monday - Friday) and read your announcement first.
Vocabulary Assignment 1
To help you learn new vocabulary words, you will create a multimedia presentation where you will record yourself saying your vocabulary words. Details on how to complete this assignment can be found in Module 1 > Lesson 1 > Assignment 1.2: Vocabulary
If you choose to create a powerpoint presentation, be sure to embed your audio correctly. If I cannot hear your audio I cannot give you full credit.
You can also create a multimedia presentation using a free resource if you do not have powerpoint. Prezi.com offers a free account option where you can create multimedia presentations easily for assignments like this.
You will need to very carefully look at your rubric to see how the assignment will be graded. Before you make your submission, be sure you can answer YES to all of the questions below so you can earn full credit for your assignment:
- You made a first slide with the name of the module, date, and your name. You made a slide indicating the lesson.
- You made a slide for each vocabulary word using kana characters.
- You added comments and/or pictures to help you remember the word.
- You posted an audio recording of each word.
- You used proper pronunciation.
Complete Part 1 of Lesson 1 Speaking Assignment
- Click on the Discussion Board link below and add a new topic or thread.
- In this thread, indicate one thing you like to do and one thing you dislike doing and why in English.
- State whether or not you play the following sports: Basketball, baseball, volleyball, tennis, golf, soccer, football, and rugby. State why you play or do not play the sports.
- Post by the end of the day TODAY.
Your writing assignment is found in Module 1 > Lesson 1 > Assignment 1.6: Writing
You will need to print your worksheets and fill in the hiragana characters in all the blank boxes. Please use a pencil to do this assignment in case you make a mistake.
Scan or submit photos of your worksheets. Be sure to submit these by 11:59PM tonight!
Giving a reason using から
Use から to give a reason, or say "because" by saying a sentence, and then giving an explanation after it using から at the end of the second sentence. Here's the sentence structure you can use to put it all together:
Situation. Explanation から。
Here are some examples:
I always listen to music. Because I like music.
My hobby is cooking. Because I love food.
Sometimes I play basketball. Because I am strong at basketball.
I do not play golf. I am poor at golf.
Rennissa R., Matthew S., Tyler R., Savannah D.
Thank you to everyone who has already had their welcome call with me!
I'm trying to get as many welcome calls wrapped up this week as possible. If you have not scheduled your call yet, click the link below today!
Sign up for your welcome call at a time where you and a parent or guardian are both available. Remember to provide a phone # where I can reach you too!
Student Spotlight - James S.
Meet James S.!
My favorite thing about Japan/Japanese Culture: I'd have to go with their language! In my opinion, it is pretty simple to learn, yet when you write, say, and read it, you can't help but notice how beautiful the language is!
My favorite book: A Walk to Remember
My favorite musical artist: Man on Earth
My favorite ice cream flavor: Chocolate
On a typical Friday night I am: Studying for school work or exercising
The 5 things I cannot live without: Food, water, oxygen, friends, and family (:
Why I'm taking Japanese 2: I am interested in learning Japanese because it sounds like such a beautiful language and I would very much like to go to Japan someday to explore their culture!