Let the R.A.C.E begin!
Weekly Memo 4.11.16
Meet Judah- 5th Grader, Valedictorian in the Making: 3rd Quarter Principal's List Award Recipient 2016
THE SYSTEM AT WORK: NICELY DONE, TEACHERS!
Second Grade Science Data: OMG, look at the growth in green students!!! Keep Shining, Ms. Bustion!
Second Grade Science Data: Look at the reduction in red and blue students!!! Keep RECLAIMING them, Ms. Weatherly!
WELCOME BACK TEACHERS AND STAFF!!!
I hope each of you took full advantage of our much needed time away from the work! Now that we are all well rested and sufficiently rejuvenated, I want to welcome you back to life at Love T. Nolan, where great things continue to happen, with your cooperation and focus on raising student achievement. YOU are appreciated!
I am happy to announce that we are only 34 instructional days away from Summer vacation!!! As you know, these days can feel very challenging and potentially chaotic in the absence of appropriate planning and opportunities for our students. With your help, we will ensure that our final efforts with students are orderly and appropriately paced. During this week's faculty meeting, I will share our action plan for the remaining school days.
Our children in grades 3-5 will "go to war" against the Georgia Milestones Assessment on Tuesday, April 12-26. Early congratulations to our students! Big thanks to all staff supporting this massive effort. As you know, testing season tends to consume the life of the entire school and we appreciate all hands being on deck!
Performance Management: April-May
TKES walkthroughs and formatives are being scheduled daily. Unless it has been communicated otherwise, all teachers being observed (10-15 minutes) will be responsible for uploading evidence of TKES Standards 6 Assessment Uses within 24 hours of the observation. The teacher will need to demonstrate via artifacts (pictures of):
- completed DDIT templates that show groupings based on performance data
- center rotations schedules (lesson plans and/or station posters) that show groupings based on performance data
- Small group instructional plans based on performance data
- Completed student artifacts with commentary that support next steps
Due to the limited timeframe to complete both the final walkthrough and 30 minute formative, it will be critical that all teachers maintain their teaching schedules as we are establishing our observational timeframes based on your posted classroom schedules. Please email Mr. Hewitt, Mrs. Freeman, and Ms. Bussey with any impromptu deviations from your schedules.
REMINDER: RACE Constructed response artifacts should be posted by COB 3:30pm tomorrow, April 11th.
3-5 Assemblies: Monday, April 11 @ 8:00 a.m.
Mr. Deonte Bridges, 1st African American male Valedictorian (2010) of MLK High School, APS, joins us to share his story of triumph over obstacles and temptation. Students will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive motivation from Mr. Bridges before they "go to war" on Tuesday.
1:30 pm- 3-5 students and teachers will participate in a GMAS Pep Rally in the gymnasium. Details forthcoming.
Faculty Meeting on Tuesday, 4.12.16, 3-4PM
- 3-5 34 DAY ACTION PLAN
- K-2 34 DAY ACTION PLAN
- Progress Monitoring Trend Data
- EOY testing window review
- PLC (Professional Learning Community) Introduction
- SY16-17 Grade Level Proposal
- Field Day Update
- Personalized Learning Update
- Introduction of the Deceleration Model
No POWER HOUR during the administration of the Georgia Milestones 2016 (April 12-26).
Students will remain with their homeroom teachers and participate in silent reading and after reading activities.
No admin-led GLT meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the testing window.
REMINDER: The building will be closing at 4pm daily, during the testing window.
SY16-17 Teacher Assignments: All teachers who will experience movement in their grade level / department assignment for next school year will meet with Mr. Hewitt and Mrs. Freeman this week after school. Meeting invitations will be sent out this week.
Literacy Coach and Math Coach Position Interview Process SY16-17:
We are proud to announce the following staff members as candidates in this year's interview process:
- LITERACY CANDIDATES: 4/19- Ms. Claiborne, Mrs. Sutton, Mrs. Wallace (Shieffelin), and Mrs. Whitaker
- MATH CANDIDATES: 4/20- Mrs. Darden, Ms. Mitchem, and Ms. Wright
(Below is the schedule sent to our seven candidates)
Literacy/Math Coach Interview Process
Love T. Nolan Elementary School SY15-16
- 8:00-8:10- Welcome: Candidates meet in room 32. Principal welcomes candidates and reviews agenda.
- 8:15-8:45-Teacher Observations: Candidates observe a single teacher (Literacy/ Math) for 30 minutes.
- 8:50-9:15-Action Plan/Feedback Preparation from Observation: Candidates develop a coaching cycle including strengths, weaknesses, and immediate next steps to support the teacher.
- 9:25-9:45-Data Set Analysis: Candidates analyze a given data set and create an action plan to improve teacher capacity.
- 9:50-10:20-Data Set Presentation: Candidates present for 15 minutes each in the principal's conference room.
- 10:25-11:10-Panel Discussion: Candidates participate in a 15 minute panel discussion with the Principal, AP, and CST
- 11:15-12:00-Lunch: Lunch will be provided for all candidates.
- 12:00-1:00-Observation Feedback Session: Candidates participate in a 20 minute debrief with individual teacher to provide feedback on strengths, weaknesses, next steps, and coaching cycle.
- 1:00-1:15-Closing: Candidates debrief the process with admin and principal makes closing remarks
4th Grade TAG Students Experience the curriculum in New Ways @ Rock Eagle 2016
Heads Up Alert Deadline April 15th
The information in the email below was sent to me from the county. There are still heads-up alerts that need to be cleared. The last day to do this is Friday, April 15. If you are unclear on how to complete this process, please send me an email, and we can make time to get it done. It is mandatory that heads-up alerts be cleared. Please keep in mind that blue alerts have to be cleared as well. Since we are a Striving Reader school, reading alerts must be cleared utilizing Dibels or SRI data. This is the breakdown of the number of alerts that need to be cleared by grade level:
Grade/ number of heads up alerts