Corn: Its not just for eating!
systematic chemical name for ethyl alcohol
- Ethanol is a renewable fuel made from corn and other plant materials.
- GHG emissions are reduced with corn-based ethanol by 18% to 19% per mile driven.
- Ethanol has a positive net energy balance
- Ethanol is a biodegradable source, if spilled, 74% of ethanol is broken down within 5 days.
- Ethanol does not increase the atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, and it helps reduce greenhouse gases.
- Ethanol is the most environmentally friendly alternative to fuel.
- The ethanol we use now already replaces 661,000 barrels of imported oil every day.
"This product; Is 10 percent ethanol (E10), dispense various ethanol fuel blends,E15 and higher is not legal for use in off-road engine products."