The Parsons Happenings
May 24, 2023
Thank You Ms. Clark
Message from your PROUD PRINCIPAL
July 11, 2023 from 9-11am Meet and Greet the new Principal, Mr. Lenie George
July 27, 2023 from 8:30-12 pm Back to School Open House/Meet the Teacher
August 2, 2023 First Day of School for the 2023-2023 School Year
Order your 2023-2024 School Supplies
Gifted Student Opportunity
For more information on this opportunity, please see the flyer below.
Summer Reading at Parsons & GCPL
Parsons Elementary School will participate in the 2023 Summer Reading Challenge sponsored by Beanstack from June 1 – July 31. We challenge our students to read at least 400 minutes during the summer and keep track of their reading on the unique Beanstack site for Parsons ES. For more information on Summer Reading at Parsons, see the flyer.
Summer Reading at Parsons Flyer
The Gwinnett County Public Library Summer Reading Information:
Report Cards for Second Semester
- Report Cards will be printed and mailed out by GCPS beginning Tuesday, May 30 through June 2.
- Report Cards will be attached to Student Documents and available in ParentVUE / StudentVUE by Sunday, May 28.
Rising 6th Grade Information from Hull Middle School
Summer Gifted Opportunities
Please click HERE to preview summer enrichment opportunities and activities for gifted and high ability students. Students can benefit greatly by participating in summer enrichment opportunities and activities. Examples of academic, social, and personal benefits may include:
- Studying topics of interest at an in-depth level.
- Exploring potential college majors, fields of study, and careers.
- Continuing the learning momentum from the academic school year.
- Learning about topics that extend beyond the school curriculum.
- Increasing academic motivation and goals.
- Participating in hands-on and practical academic activities.
- Becoming familiar with a new learning environment.
- Engaging in high-level discourse with other motivated students.
- Meeting students from different schools, regions, states, and countries.
- Developing lasting friendships with peers who share similar interests.
- Discussing areas of interest in an in-depth manner with other participants.
- Learning in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Enhancing self-confidence through accomplishing goals.
- Gaining new perspectives and ideas about society.
- Enhancing intrapersonal skills.
- Discovering personal characteristics and qualities.
- Developing an increased sense of self.
STEM Summer Camps
Nike Football Camp
Nike US Sports camps will be hosting a Football Camp at Peachtree Ridge for youth players looking to take their game to the next level. Please see the attached flyer for more information. Peachtree Ridge Cluster students get a $50 discount.
Questions, please feel free to email 855.CommunitySchool@gcpsk12.org.
i9 Sports Summer Programs
Tennis Summer Camp
Summer Career Academy
E-PLEX Summer Camp & After School Academy
PTA Call for Your Opinion 💡
As we start planning for next year, we want to know your opinion! Share with us your favorite PTA events and ideas for new programs and events to hold next year. The short survey will take 2 minutes to complete:
The Parsons ES PTA Board was unanimously elected at the PTA General Membership meeting at Parsonspalooza. We are pleased to announce the following people were elected:
Presidents: Shacresa Staley & Evelyn Flemons
Vice President: Jennifer Kim
Treasurer: Mabel Goldsmith
Secretary: Janet Shin
We are also building the team of committee leaders for next year, please review the volunteer opportunities for next year and sign-up for any spots that call to you https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050D4DAAAD22ABFF2-parsons
Yearbooks for Sale
Don't forget to buy your yearbook! To purchase a yearbook, please visit the website below.
If you purchased a yearbook before April 27, they will be delivered to students at the end of the year class parties. Yearbooks purchased after April 27 will be mailed directly to the purchaser's address and an additional shipping fee will be added to the purchase.
Free Groceries Opportunity
Summer Feeding Program
Peachtree Ridge CARE Closet
We have a variety of shelf-stable pantry items, hygiene products, and some clothing available. We will also have 5 produce boxes available for pick-up before Winter Break. Families are welcome to shop the CARE Closet, or we can prepare bags for them. Our office is happy to have these ready for pick-up or drop-off at a family's residence or a discrete location.
Link to request a bag/box: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfr5KSuSlJqMHwnavtquc2duCVu45AHX6Vlttx_HTnc6GHCuQ/viewform
Parsons on Social Media
Calendar of Events
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am Meet and Greet the new Principal, Mr. Lenie George (drop in) ~ Parsons lobby
- 8:00 - 11:00 am ~ Open House/Meet the Teacher
- First Day of School 2023-2024