Early Learning Center
Weekly Newsletter: 2/4/2022
Ice Skating Fun
Screenings for 2022-2023 Community Peer Students
Message from the Attleboro Public Schools Nurses
COVID-19 symptoms list:
• Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• New loss of taste or smell
• Muscle aches or body aches
• Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
• Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
• Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, when in combination with other symptoms
• Headache when in combination with other symptoms
• Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
• Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
If your child has recently tested positive for COVID, please do not send them to school until you have contacted the nurses by email to determine the date they are cleared from their isolation period. When you email the nurse please include the date symptoms started and/or the date they tested positive.
If your child is a Close Contact from outside of school. Contact the nurse by email to determine when they are cleared to return. Do not return to school until cleared by the nurse.
In general, students with vomiting, fever, and/or diarrhea may not return until free of those symptoms for 24 hours – even if tested negative for covid 19.
Here is the contact information for our school nurses:
Lisa Kilfoyle, RN email@example.com
AT HOME ROUTINE COVID TESTING
Here are scenarios where testing can be to your advantage.
• If a student tests positive, the entire classroom is considered a close contact and subject to quarantine guidelines from the state UNLESS your student is enrolled in our Routine COVID Testing program. If enrolled in testing, your student can stay in school provided they are asymptomatic and test negative each day with the school nurse. If not enrolled in our Routine COVID testing program, they would be subject to state quarantine guidelines and be marked absent from school while unable to attend school.
• Your child is not feeling well at school. The school nurse can administer a rapid test to determine whether your child is positive or negative and may require further testing by their doctor.
• By enrolling your child in Routine COVID testing, you help us to have safe ways of keeping your child in their school learning environment in the event that they are ever deemed a close contact.
Please know that the actual testing is completely painless and easy. It is NOT a deep swab up their nose. Their nose is gently swabbed just inside of the nostrils.
Interested families can find the link below to consent. Please make sure to select the Early Learning Center as your child's school.
Families are encouraged to join our PTO and attend meetings. The next meeting for parents and staff is on February 10th from 6:30-7:30 pm virtually. Hope to see you there!
PTO Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Thacher!
Students may purchase books February 7-11th at school. An online link for purchases is available as well. Here it is https://www.scholastic.com/bf/thacherelementaryschool1
The Taunton/Attleboro Family Resource Center
The Taunton/Attleboro Family Resource Center is offering Snack Packs to Attleboro Students over February break. Snacks packs will include a mix of cereals, healthy snacks, fruits, and fun treats for over school vacation week. To receive these snack packs, all families need to do is register by calling or emailing the contact information below.
Register by Friday, 2/18/22
Email Carmen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
February Happenings at the Attleboro Public Library
During school hours, the back field is not open, as it is used by classes. Please be mindful of this during arrival and dismissal times.
Please remember that there is no driving or parking in the coned off areas. It is helpful if you relay that information to any friends/relatives helping with drop off or pick up.
I just wanted to thank the families who contact the office when their child will be absent for the day. While it is fine to text/remind/email your child's teacher as well, the office still needs to be notified. During the ongoing COVID reality we are living in, all absences need to be reviewed, and referred to the nurse as warranted. The ELC office number: (508) 223-1563