The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of February 08-12, 2016
District Core Beliefs
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
- We will use our District's core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to increase the quality of instruction.
- We will improve the quality of Instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous work and higher order thinking skills.
- We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
- We will engage and develop strong relationships with parents, community and volunteers to increase our college and career readiness levels.
Message from Ms. Hernandez
Week at a Glance
Monday, February 08
- BOC (Conference Room)
- Discipline (Library)
Tuesday, February 09
5th grade Stockard Visit
ARD @ 9:30 am (Espinosa)
Wednesday, February 10
Thursday, February 11
Faculty Meeting Mandatory-Testing
Friday, February 12
Jump Rope for Heart Assemblies
Daddy/Daughter Dance 5-7 pm
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches.
- February 15- No School
- February 16-19- Mock Testing
- February 18-PTA
- February 19- End of 4th Six Weeks
- February 20- Saturday School/ Texas Legends Field Trip
A Very Happy Birthday!
Feb. 14- Ms. Cynthia Lopez