Golden Bear Report
June 28, 2020
PD and Tech Tips
My JAMBOARD Tutorial
Feel free to get on Jamboard or on Youtube to get comfortable with this program.
Graduation has been moved to the SHS football stadium. Here is the info that was sent out this week. Thank you to everyone that volunteered to help with graduation. I would love to have as many staff members attend as possible. I will have seating for you on both ends of the track.
2020-21 School Year Updates
Here are a few notable items for our return to school:
- Students and staff will be REQUIRED to wear face coverings on the bus, in the hallways, restrooms, and any other transient periods. We will provide one mask and hopefully two. If we have two masks, we could require students to have one at school.
- Students and staff may choose to wear face-covering in the classroom without consequences.
- Students will be required to use hand sanitizer entering and exiting the classroom.
- We are going to offer a virtual option. It will be temporary through the pandemic. We are not going into the virtual learning business. We already had in place in the plan that students participating in a virtual option could not participate in extracurricular activities. They also will be expected to do the same amount of course work as an onsite student with work graded with the district grading scale. No pass/fail.
Reopening Letter from Mary Harper
New Staff Members
We have hired a few new staff members over the summer. At this point, I still need to hire two more employees. Here are the new employees as of now:
- James Polston- Engineering and Technology (Newest Hire)
- Kyle Shipp--Assistant Athletic Director
- Jackson Williams--Social Studies
- Savannah Sant--Front Office Secretary and Athletic Secretary
SCS has a reopening committee that has started meeting. The members of that committee are:
- Brent Baker
- Jacob Zerkel
- Steve VonWerder