January 25, 2016
Greetings from the Principal
Dear Riverview families,
Due to last week being a short week, we are extending our building fundraiser deadline for this Friday, January 29, to turn in the packets that came home last Tuesday.
Please help us continue to be able to utilize a Time for Kids (TFK) subscription for classrooms, and maintain Riverview’s valuable subscriptions to research and learning programs that renew annually! Our teachers consider the TFK resource to be very valuable for their integrated units, as it has both a newspaper-type text for reading closely and online component.
We earn 40% of all magazine orders, and our school will receive money simply for turning in the addressed postcards! Last January we raised nearly $3,000 on this important project. This year our goal is to raise $3,200! This building fundraiser is one of the main funding sources we have for meeting our additional technology/subscription needs that support Riverview students K-5.
On behalf of our staff, thank you in advance for taking time to review the TFK packet and participate in order to benefit our students.
Make it a great week!
Kindergarten Round-Up...Save the Date!
Riverview Elementary - February 18, 2016 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM
We know it's difficult to let go...
That's why our Kindergarten teachers place a high priority on providing a nurturing environment where children thrive - academically, socially, and emotionally. We really care about your child!
>> Preparing your child for Kindergarten - Resources for Parents
Going to Kindergarten in the fall?
Make plans to attend Kindergarten Round-Up and Parent Information Night on February 18th in the Riverview Cafeteria.
Find out everything you need to know at Kindergarten Round-Up and Parent Information Night. Parents will have the opportunity to begin the enrollment process, ask questions, and meet the principal. By Kansas statute, children must be the age of 5 on or before August 31 to be eligible for Kindergarten enrollment.
What will you need?
Parents are encouraged to bring the following information to Kindergarten Round-Up:
Certified copy of child's birth certificate (required by Kansas statute)
Copy of immunization records (from pediatrician)
Proof of residency (copy of current utility bill, real-estate contract, etc.)
Parents will also learn about Before/After School Care offered through a partnership with Johnson County Parks and Recreation Department.
Kindest Kansas Citian Contest
It’s time again for the 26th annual Kindest Kansas Citian contest. This is an amazing opportunity for your child to recognize and identify an adult role model who demonstrates kind, caring and respectful behavior. All contest forms must be filed out completely and returned to me no later than Friday, January 29th. Please feel free to contact me any questions email@example.com and have a super week!
- Monday, 25th - Sombrero's PTA Fundraiser night
- Thursday 28th - 1st Grade Music Program 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, 3rd, - All Pro Dads Breakfast 7:30 AM
- Thursday, 4th, - 2nd Grade Music Program 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, 9th,- Valentine Parties AM KDG 11:00 AM |FDK - 5th grade 3:00 PM
- Wednesday, 10th, - Kindergarten ONLY - No School- Parent Teacher Conferences Grades 1-5 in Session Parent Teacher Conferences 4:15 PM - 8:15 PM
- Thursday, 11th, - No School - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, 12th, - No School - Building Closed
- Monday, 15th, - No School - Building Closed
- Thursday, 18th, - Kindergarten Roundup 6:00 PM | Riverview Cafeteria
Don’t forget to check out the USD 232 Electronic Flyers webpage for information on events and programs offered by outside agencies. http://www.usd232.org/pages/DeSotoUSD232/DistrictInfo/forms_documents/Electronic_Flyers
Riverview Elementary PTA
*Sombrero’s Night!! TONIGHT!!!! Sombrero’s will be giving 25% of food sales to Riverview after 5:00 so take a night off of cooking and support RE PTA!
* Hey Dads….Be your kids All Pro Dad! Inviting all dads and kids for a quick, before-school breakfast (DOUGHNUTS!!) and brief program of fatherhood and family topics on Wednesday, February 3rd. You’ll take away great tips and resources to help you be the best Dad you can be, and you’ll strengthen your relationship with your kids at the same time. It’s fun and FREE! RSVP http://apdd.allprodad.com/3046. Special guest Joel Applebee, Head Coach of the KS 5A State Championship Football Team!
What is All Pro Dad – APD is a fatherhood program of Family First, a national non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening families. APD features NFL players, coaches and alumni who speak out about the importance of fatherhood. Through daily emails, school breakfasts and NFL events, APD reaches men with practical parenting advice.
*The Winter Book Fair is scheduled for February 10th from 10am-8pm and February 11th from 8am-8pm. Come shop and find some books to read on those cold winter days. If you’re interested in volunteering, please sign up here Riverview Book Fair. If you would like to purchase online use this link www.scholastic.com/fair
* BINGO NIGHT!!! February 26th 6:30 - 8:00 pm - Riverview's Cafeteria. Mark your calendars now for this FREE, fun, family event! If you'd like to help plan this year's event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with BINGO in the subject line.
* Reading results are in for first semester and the following classes received popcorn parties:
K - Grauer
1st - Hembrey
4th - Beyer
5th - Gleason
This semester students will be reading to earn a pizza party. Keep entering minutes monthly.
*Save the date: Riverview boys grab your favorite lady ( mom, stepmom, aunt, grandma) and mark your calendars February 28 @ 1:00 pm. A special presentation of an 80's classic at B&B theatre. Look for a flyer coming home soon.
1/25 Sombrero’s Night
2/3 All Pro Dads Meeting 7:30 AM
2/5 Schlitterbahn Reading Program Forms Due
2/10 & 2/11 Winter Book Fair
2/26 Bingo Night