October 20, 2017
This Week at a Glance
- Penny's Round Up - "Pie a Teacher!"
- School Picture retakes
- Veteran's Day celebration
- Students Against Hunger
- Long-Sleeved Shirts Available!
- Drama Club
- Birthday Treats
- Save Time in Carpool
- Farewell from Ms. Post
"Pie" a teacher!
School Picture - retakes
Veteran's Day program
WE NEED YOUR PHOTOS! We will be honoring our military families with a slideshow this year. Please send photos of any active military or veteran family members (alive or deceased) from our PRE community to Robin Stephens (email@example.com) by November 1 to be included in this special honorary tribute. Thank You!
Students Against Hunger!
Penny Road is partnering with Urban Ministries of Wake County for this year’s “Students Against Hunger” food drive, November 14-17.
• The food drive will occur every day, Tuesday morning - Friday morning.
• Deliver your food to the front lobby, 8:45 am – 9:15 am.
• The class in each grade that brings in the most items will win “THE GOLDEN CAN” trophy and a classroom reward. They will also have their picture taken for the PRE Website and Yearbook!
• All donations are welcomed! However, only up to 25 items per day will be counted for the contest.
For more information and a list of most needed items, check out the flyer below!
New PRE long-sleeved shirts!
Our school policy allows for healthy treats, a book donated to the library in your child's name, a classroom game, etc. as excellent options for birthday celebrations. This is just a reminder that we also have to follow the state policy and we can only serve store bought food items with ingredients listed (ex. no homemade cupcakes, cookies, etc).
Parents - Who Wants the Gift of Time?!
We can save you 30 precious minutes each day and keep cars from backing up onto Penny Road....
- If you arrive at 3:15, you will sit in your car and wait 30 minutes and you will leave at 3:45.
- If you arrive at 3:55, you will pull right through and leave at 3:55, waiting 0 minutes.
- ...you're welcome! :)
Farewell from Ms. Post, our Assistant Principal
Hi Penny Road Family,
It is with bittersweet emotion that I share this news with you. After 5 1/2 wonderful years at PRE, I've accepted a Principal's position at Little Birch Elementary School in West Virginia. This is my home state and county and allows me to be near my family during their health issues. I want to thank each and every one of you for providing me with unforgettable moments and fantastic support! I feel blessed that I'm carrying with me the experiences you've allowed me to share with your children. You have prepared me well for this transition. PRE is truly an amazing family and I will miss you all greatly. Much love and well wishes for the future to you all!