Welcome Back Yeomen!
School starts FOR ALL students August 22, 2022
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We are looking forward to the opening of the school year, and many people have worked very hard in order to ensure your child receives the best education possible.
Important Items for The First Day:
- The first day for students will be Monday August 22, 2022. Our school day begins at 8:05 a.m. and dismissal for school is at 2:55 p.m.
- Breakfast (free, reduced or full price) will be served beginning the first day. Lunch will be served on this day in the cafeteria or your child may bring his/her lunch to school.
- You may drop your child off in the morning after 7:15 a.m. We encourage you to drop them off by 7:55 a.m. daily. If you are picking up your child after school, you must park in our Annex Parking lot. The main loop in the front of our building is for buses only. Once the buses are released, you may pick up your child in the loop. Buses will be released daily by 3:10 p.m. Please do not enter the front loop between 2:20-3:10.
Additional information will be included in this newsletter (formally packet pick up). This includes information concerning updating your student(s) Emergency Contact in Home Access Center, our school calendar, PCSD Opening Kick Off Information, Encore Calendar, attendance information, fall school pictures, Nutrition Services information and applications and our school supply list!
Parma City Schools has developed a new fee collection procedure. You will be billed directly by the Board of Education. You will have three options of payment: check, money order or credit. For security reasons we are asking that you do not send cash to school.
On the first day of school, 7th Graders are to report to the Cafeteria, 6th Graders to the side of the B Gym and 5th Graders to the side of the A Gym.
I look forward to working and meeting with you and your child during the coming school year. Please feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to an exciting school year!!
Emergency Contact Update:
At the beginning of August you received information from Central Office to login to your Home Access Center to update your student(s) emergency contact information. We want to remind you that if you do not complete the update this year, there is a district wide disciplinary process:
- Students are not permitted to attend sports practices or any extracurriculars until the form is updated.
- Students will not get locker assignments until form is updated/completed.
- If the form is not filled out by September 15th, 2022, the student will be locked out of using their device (Chromebook) until a parent/guardian completes the Emergency Contact Update Form.
- If the parent/guardian still does not update the form, the student could face detention and/or suspension.
Please complete the form for your student's safety!
5th Grade Parent and Student Orientation
5th Grade orientation will be Wednesday August 17, 2022 starting at 5:00pm, please see the attached letter for information pertaining to our 5th grade Parent and Student Orientation
School Supplies List (page 2 is Middle School)
Note for 5th Grade STEM: Do not buy spiral notebooks! In addition to the other listed supplies, please get: 2 composition notebooks, 2 - 1” binders, 1 set of 5-tab dividers, wide ruled notebook paper and a small pencil sharpener! We provide folders!
Note for ALL 6th Grade: Please get 3 - 1” binders with 5-tab dividers, instead of the 2- 3 subject notebook. Also, the calculator should be the TI- 30IIxs and can be used for 6th & 7th grade.
You MUST apply for Free and Reduced lunches this year. Applications will start being accepted in July. Households may apply for free or reduced-price meal benefits by 10/3/22. Applications are available at https://www.myschoolapps.com/
All students MUST know the last five digits of their student ids. This can be found in Home Access Center (HAC)
Please see our Informational Handout!
Greenbriar’s Fall Picture day will be Friday September 2, 2022. We will again be using Lifetouch. Order forms will be sent home with your student the first week of school. You can also order online by visiting Lifetouch’s website at www.mylifetouch.com and enter our code “EVTPB2MMD” in the Picture Day ID field.
PCSD Opening Day Kick Off!
Parma City Schools will have their Opening Day Kick off at Byers Field on Saturday, August 20th, 10:00am - Noon. Join us as we celebrate the start of a new school year at the PCSD Opening Kick Off! This free event will feature a community resource fair, marching bands, games, crafts, activities, and we will welcome our newest kindergarteners in our annual Kindergarten Parade! Hope to see you there to kick off the 2022-2023 school year!
Reminder of Important Dates
Home Access Center Opens - Friday, August 12 - Approx. 4:00p.m.5th Grade Parent and Student Orientation - Wednesday, August 17 - 5:00p.m. - 7:00p.m.
6th Grade Meet the Staff - Thursday, August 18 - 5:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.
7th Grade Meet the Staff - Thursday, August 18 - 6:30p.m. - 7:30p.m.
1st Day of School Monday, August 22