Open Enrollment applications: if you do not live in the Knoxville district, you can still choose Knoxville for your child's education.
Deadlines for filing for open enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year:
- March 1, 2019 for 1st—12th grade
- September 1, 2019 for Kindergarten
Please call Lisa at the District Office for additional questions @ 641-842-6551, opt.1.
Attention Parents of 6th Grade and 11th Grade Students!
There are immunization updates required for students when they enter 7th grade and become seniors. Now is the time to think about getting the updates. There is no grace period so: Up-to-date immunization records (or a valid medical or religious exemption) must be turned in before the first day of school in the fall so your student can be in school.
- Entering 7th grade: in addition to the Tdap requirement already in place for 7th graders, there is a requirement for 1 dose of Meningococcal vaccine on or after 10 years of age and grade 7 if born after September 15, 2004.
- Entering 12th grade: the requirement is for TWO doses of Meningococcal vaccine for those entering 12th grade if born after September 15, 1999 OR 1 dose if received when the student is 16 years of age or older.
Immunization records can be turned in at the school office or faxed to the Knoxville Middle School: 641-842-5754 OR Knoxville High School: 641-842-2066. Forms can also be emailed to the school nurse at email@example.com. Please contact the nurse with any questions.
Everyday Preventive Actions Can Help Fight Germs, Like Flu
Everyday preventive actions can help slow the spread of germs that can cause many different illnesses and may offer some protection against flu. Please see the link below for more information and/or download the PDF shown below.
KHS Presents: LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
Online Ticket Sales are now live for the upcoming KHS Spring Musical Little Shop of Horrors!
The cast and crew is made up of 8th thru 12th grade KCSD students and will have a live band directed by Mr. Ben McCartney.
- Tickets are $8 and every penny goes directly into helping the Drama Department continue to produce productions for KCSD!
- Performances are March 1st 7pm, March 2nd 7pm and March 3rd 2pm at Knoxville Performing Arts Center.
Please use the link below to reserve your tickets TODAY! https://knoxvillehs.seatyourself.biz
Box Office Hours are Saturdays:
- Feb 16 9am-noon
- Feb 23 9am-noon
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and please follow us for fun pictures and updates on
Knoxville Spring Musical on Facebook
Knoxvillehsdrama on Instagram
KHS Guidance Information
February is Local Scholarship Application Month
Paper copies of KHS's annual local scholarships are available in the school counseling office during February. Most all applications are due back to the counseling secretary by March 1.
The KPSF (Knoxville Panther Scholarship Foundation) application is the scholarship which every student who has applied in the past has received. This scholarship is also available in the school counseling office. Become familiar with the organization's website at www.kpsfoundation.org. The KPSF scholarship is renewable during the four years of college after high school. The website is where you will access annual scholarships after high school.
Below are additional scholarships from ICAN’s Website at www.icansucceed.org:
February 13 – Davidson Fellows Scholarship - http://www.davidsongifted.org/Fellows-Scholarship
February 15 – Alliant Energy Scholarship Program - https://www.alliantenergy.com/CommunityAndStewardship/CommunitySupport/Scholarships
February 15 – CDI Scholarship - http://cdiowa.org/get-involved/scholarships/
February 15 – H.L. Taylor Scholarship - http://www.iowapta.org/index.php/programs/scholarships
February 15 – Iowa Newspaper Foundation Scholarship - https://inanews.com/foundation/scholarships/
February 15 – Masonry Institute of Iowa Scholarship - https://masonryinstituteofiowa.wildapricot.org/
February 15 – Mediacom World Class Scholarship - http://www.mediacomworldclass.com/
February 15 – Society of Women Engineers Scholarship - https://scholarships.swe.org/applications/login.asp
February 15 – UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship - https://www.ucbepilepsyscholarship.com/
February 15 – Young Artist Competition - http://easterniowabrassband.com/young-artists-competition/
February 22 – Iowa Financial Literacy Know How Challenge - https://www.iowastudentloan.org/scholarships-and-programs/senior-scholarship.aspx
February 23 – Que Llueva Café Scholarship - http://www.ca-core.org/home
February 28 – James B. Morris Scholarship -
February 28 – NAWIC Founder’s Scholarship - https://www.nawic.org/nawic/NFSFScholarships.asp
February 28 – The DREAM.US Scholarship - https://www.thedream.us/scholarships/national-scholarship/
February 28 – LAGRANT Foundation Scholarships - https://www.lagrantfoundation.org/Undergraduate%20Scholarships
Family to Family Mental Health Education Course Starts 2/28
- February 28 – May 16 / Thursday Evenings 6-8:30p
- Current treatments, medications & side effects
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Develop the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion.
To sign-up or for more information, please email: email@example.com.
Field Trip: Courage League
This month, a group of students from the middle school and high school got the opportunity to participate in multiple adaptive sports activities at the Courage League facility in Urbandale.
Second Grade Updates
- West second graders donated 15 pairs of shoes and 80 items of clothing for Nicaraguan refugees living in Costa Rica.
- Last week, 2nd graders read the story Mr. Tanen's Tie Trouble. Mr. Tanen, the school's principal, auctions off his beloved ties to raise money for the playground project which got cut from the budget. Everyone buys his ties which they all return to him at the ribbon-cutting ceremony of the new playground at the end of the story. Mr. Tanen reminds us that "the more you give, the more you get".
Mr. Klein, our principal, came to visit classrooms to share a few of his most meaningful ties (and socks too!). He also brought a message of how important giving is and the many different ways we can give, not just material things.
On Friday, we celebrated with "Tie Day Friday".
Notifications for School Delays & Cancellations
In order to receive notifications regarding weather cancellations and/or delays or changes to district activities, please subscribe to the GovDelivery service. Signing up is easy at: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IAEDU3375/subscriber/new. Screenshots are pictured below of the subscription process. If you need assistance, please contact: Lisa.Willis@kcsd.k12.ia.us or 641-842-6551 opt 1.
Community Partner Contributions
To Purchase & Customize Your Yearbook
Must be a parent or student 13 years or older.
Enter your school’s passcode: 1015064502971783
Regular Price: $18.00 Deadline: Apr 9
KACT Spring Auditions
- KACT will be holding auditions for our Spring comedy production on Sunday, Feb 24 from 5 to 7 pm and on Monday, Feb 25 from 7 to 9 pm at Memorial Hall in Knoxville.
- There are roles available for 10 females and 11 males - Ages 13 and up are welcome at these open auditions. No previous acting experience is necessary to participate with us!
Carol Adkins, KACT Secretary:
Marion County Public Health
KCSD ADMIN. OFFICE
Stay connected by frequenting our website or following us on social media!
- High School: www.facebook.com/KHSPanthers/ & twitter.com/KHS_Panthers
- Middle School: www.facebook.com/PanthersKMS/ & twitter.com/Panthers_KMS
- Northstar: www.facebook.com/NorthstarElementary/ & twitter.com/MrKeitges
- West: www.facebook.com/knoxvillewestelementary/ & twitter.com/pantherswest
Rate us on greatschools.org!