November 6, 2017
Data Focus-Chronic Attendance
We currently have 33 students who are chronically absent. If you have a student who has missed several days, please reach out to the family and let them know all the great things they have missed. Meg and Theresa are available to support.
Shout Out To:
Hammond our new Kinder Teacher beginning Monday.
Shepherd for your flexibility and commitment to Howard students. Thanks for taking on our additional Kinder class. We look forward to your return to intervention work.
Cycle 2 Information
- Scholar Skills-Excellence, Curiosity, Perseverance, and Flexibility
- Readers Workshop-Mini-lessons and Interactive Read Alouds
Cycle 2 Theory of Action
If we implement common core standards aligned readers workshop minilessons and interactive read alouds and develop student's scholar skills then students will develop grade-level proficiency and skills.
Cycle 2 Look Fors
- Posted objectives
- Standards Aligned Mini-Lessons and Read Alouds
- Scholar Skills
- Our PBIS coach, Joyce Hum, will be stopping by on November 6 at first recess/lunch to complete our biannual Tiered Fidelity Inventory Walkthrough (a PBIS staff and student survey). She will be walking through campus asking a variety of staff and students about school-wide expectations as well as acknowledgment systems. Please feel free to contact her at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- We will be having a lockdown drill on Tuesday 11/7 at 10:15. You will hear an announcement (This is a lockdown). Following the announcement you should lock and close your door, close the windows and the blinds and instruct the students to be silent. Staff will be coming around to knock on the doors. An announcement will be made once the drill is complete.
- Report Cards are now open in Aeris. The end of the trimester is 11/17 and report cards should be ready for review by 11/29. Please send me an email once you complete your report cards.
- All requests for personal days must be submitted in writing either via email or a B Form at least 3 days advance of any days taken. Please note that personal days taken without prior approval will not be approved.
- Math C-EoUs are expected to arrive next week. They should be administered between 11/13-11/16 and entered into Illuminate by the end of the day Friday, 11/17.
For PD Please bring:
- The read-aloud that is planned out in the back of your reading unit of study or another read aloud that you will use to plan an interactive reading lesson. Before PD, please make sure that you have read the book, or part of the book, that you want to plan during PD.
- "A Guide to Reading Workshop" One of the books that come in your reading kit. Not spiral bound.
- Reading Unit of Study
- Writing samples from your 3 focal students.
Due by November 15th:
- Post On Demand Writing Assessment on all students
- Reading Records for your 3 focal students
Upper-Grade Yard-Baker Nash
Focus-Fexibilty and Safety
This week we will focus on the Scholar Skill of Flexibility and the Wise Way expectation of Safety. Please use this time to positively reinforce students who demonstrate flexibility and safety.
By Friday at Lunch, please submit two students to the office who exemplified flexibility and 1 student who exemplified safety.
Week at a Glance
- School Open 10 to 2
- PBIS Walkthrough
- Morning Message 8:30 to 8:40
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Grocery Grab 2:30 to 3:30
- Lockdown Drill 10:15
- Minimum Day
- Hoot and Hollar 1 to 1:30
- Howard Professional Learning 1:45 to 3:30
- Farmers Market 2 to 5
- Veterans Day-No School