The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
- Instruction begins at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- Please do not pass in the car rider line. This is not safe for our students or parents. Please make sure your child exits out of the passenger side so that they do not have to cross in front of cars.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:30. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to school and refill it our touch less water fountains.
It's Homecoming Week!
Red Ribbon Week is Coming!
Important Dates to Note
- October 12th-PTO Meeting at 4:00pm via Zoom
- October 16th-Fall Festival Games at GHS 11am-4pm
- October 19th- Report Cards
- October 19th- 1:30 Dismissal/Secondary Conferences
- October 21st-1:30 Dismissal/Elementary Conferences
- October 23rd-Fall Festival Coronation
- October 25th-29--Red Ribbon Week
- October 29th--Book Character Parade
- November 1st-Teacher PD/No Students
- November 5th-Spirit Day
- November 8th-12th--Interim 1 for 3-5
- November 11th- Veterans Day
- November 22nd-26th--Thanksgiving Break
Notes from Nurse Gina
A Peek at Last Week
Lunch Times for 2021-2022
For the month of October, students are learning about being accountable! This means taking responsibility for your actions, accepting the consequences, and most importantly GROWING from our mistakes! Because we ALL make them! You can model at home, making mistakes in front of your child and using these moments as opportunities to learn and grow.
Also, the month of October is National Bullying Prevention Month. In classes the past two weeks, we have been discussing the definition of a bully and how we can stand up to bullies. This has led to great conversation with your kiddos.
If you have any questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to contact her. firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-679-1029.
Character Strong at Home!
District Point of Contact
You can find information about our district COVID plans here.
Word of the Month
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke