CHS Counseling Department
Click on the following link for important information on how to understand the PSAT score report and what to do with the results.
If students or parents have questions about PSAT, please see Mrs. Hunt in the College and Career Center.
Requests for Schedule Changes for Spring Semester
Filling out a form does not guarantee a schedule change. Changes are always pending class availability.
CSU still Accepting Applications until December 15
Students interested in attending any of the 23 campuses of the California State University system are still able to submit an application after the CSU’s extended the deadline to December 15th.
Colleges and universities around the country have begun releasing admissions decisions for students who applied under Early Action and/or Early Decision programs. Good luck seniors!
Semester Finals are Coming Up!
- Make a game plan for ALL of your finals
- Start preparing early - don't procrastinate
- Give yourself more time to study for your more challenging courses
- Study groups
- Explain what you are studying out loud / talk it out / teach it
- Get creative with study aids
- Study your notes
- Study in a distraction-reduced environment. Turn off your cell phone, TV and email notifications
- Quiz yourself
- Get sleep
- Take breaks when studying
- Eat properly & drink plenty of water
Coping Strategies to Manage Stress Over the Holidays
With the semester halfway through and the holidays right around the corner, students may be feeling overwhelmed and stressed.
Some tips to promote positive mental health:
- create a routine that includes adequate sleep and nutrition
- engage with and utilize support systems
- understand your limits and avoid over scheduling
- take time to breathe and practice self-care regularly
Counseling Department Staff
Mrs. Yesel Von Ruden = 10th & 11th Counselor
Mr. Darren Johnston - College Counselor
Mrs. Patricia Hunt = College & Career Coordinator
Mrs. Linda Galuppo = Counseling Secretary & Registrar