November 14, 2022
- Thursday November-17 Early Release @ 11:10 Teacher Parent Conference
- Friday November 18- Picture Re-takes
- Wednesday November 23- Early Release @ 11:10
- Thursday November 24- No School -Thanksgiving
- Friday November 25- No School
- Tuesday November 29- PTO meeting
- Wednesday December 7- Grade 8 Parent night @ CHS
Pledge & Flag
11/14- Lillian A. & Ava T. 207
11/15 -Adrianna L. 203
11/16 Olivia R.& Michalee S. 207
11/17 Visal R. 207
11/18 Bella T. & Avery C. 207
11/14 Aditya Bura 103
11/15 Nathaniel B
11/16 Nahla T. & Amber L. 206
11/17 Sam S. & Kyle P & Matt C. 212
11/18- Sofia C.
For the upcoming half days 11/17 and 11/23 orders must be placed by 11/10/22. 2022-23 CPS Half Day/Early Release dates
Dear Parents and Families --
To better estimate the demand for lunches on half days, CPS Nutrition has launched online lunch ordering for HALF DAYS ONLY.
For the upcoming half days 11/17 and 11/23 orders must be placed by 11/10/22.
2022-23 CPS Half Day/Early Release dates
- Thursday, 11/17 (elementary & middle schools only)
- Wednesday, 11/23 (early release day)
- Wednesday, 12/7
- Tuesday, 1/10
- Wednesday, 2/8
- Thursday, 3/2
- Thursday, 4/13
If you would like your child to have lunch on future half days, online ordering is open for you to select those dates.
Directions to set up your account and order:
- URL Link: family.onlineordering.linq.com
- Sign up now: Email, create password.
- School District: Chelmsford Public Schools
- Student ID: This can be found on x2- Child’s student ID number
- Last Name: (You can also search and add siblings/family members at this time). Once this is completed, student’s name should appear on page.
How to order meals
- School Menu-select online lunch ordering (all schools)
- Scroll to week of half day/early release date (top right of page)
- Find date, select meal option
- Add item to cart/Select Add to order
- Click on shopping cart icon at top right of page
- Click Check out
- Select pick up location: Elementary pick-up location classroom. Middle/high school pick up location cafeteria.
- Place order
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
Homework Club-- Tuesday Library All Grades Ms. Sherlock
5th & 6th Grade Art-- Tuesday Rm 120 Ms. Mayer
Student Council-- Tues 7:30 am Library 5 & 6 Ms. Dussourd/Ms.Lanouette
Student Council-- Tues 7:30 am Library 7 & 8 Ms. Dussourd /Ms.Lanouette
Jazz Band-- Tuesday Rm 125 Grades 6-8 Mr. Wright
Track / Field-- Tuesday /Thursday (April- June) All Grades Mr. Felzani
Stand-Up McCarthy-- Wednesday Rm 132 A All Grades Dr. Hanlon
Dungeons & Dragons-- Tuesday All Grades Cafe Ms. Downing
American Sign Language Bi Weekly-- Thursday All Grades Ms. Meghan Fitzgibbons *Virtual *Bi-WeeklyASL - American Sign Language - Ms. Fitzgibbons - On-line from 3:40 p.m. to 4:00 email firstname.lastname@example.org - This club runs every other Tuesday.
7 th & 8th Grade Art-- Wednesday Rm 122 7th& 8th Ms. Kiley
Yearbook-- Wed. 7:30 am Rm 107 All Grades Ms. Scheinbart
Festival Band /Atwe-- Wednesday Eve 6-8pm Grades 6-12 Mr. Wright Band Room
Festival Orchestra Wednesday Rm 124 Grades 6-8 Mr. Miller
Select Chorus-- Tuesday Rm 127 Grades 6-8 Ms. Richardson
Newspaper Club—Wednesday Rm 112 Ms. Lanouette
Back Stage Crew—Wednesday Auditorium Ms. Mayer
Mindfulness Stress Reduction Yoga—Wednesday Ms. Ramu Library
Magic gathering Club-- Thursday Rm 219 All Grades Mr. Warnock
Writers Society-- Thursday All Grades Ms. McMahon Room 222
Live Smart—Thursday *Bi-weekly Rm 133
Book to big screen—Thursday@ 7:30 a.m. Ms. Schroth Rm 216
CHS Grade 8 Parent Night- Letter from CHS Principal Murray December 7, 2022 at 6:00 pm in the Performing Art Center (PAC).
Hello Grade 8 Students & Families,
Please read attached note from CHS Principal, Mr. Murray, regarding 8th Grade Parent Night which will be held on December 7th at 6pm.
Click HERE for information
Retake Picture day Friday November 18,2022
EARN CASH FOR SCHOOLS WITH BOX TOPS
The PTO would like to remind all McCarthy parents to please scan your receipts to help collect Box Top monies for McCarthy enrichment activities!!
Box Tops For Education Learn How clickHere
You’ll be helping us earn cash and supplies while keeping our Earth clean and green!
- Toner Cartridge Fundraiser: Hello McCarthy Families. The PTO is excited to introduce a new program this year to raise money for our school. The Funding Factory collects used toner and ink cartridges and recycles them, while giving money back to the school. A drop box has been placed across the hall from the main office at McCarthy Middle School. Please encourage family members and employers to save their cartridges and send them in with your student. Any size ink or toner cartridges are accepted along with most brands including: Brother, Cannon, HP.
More information about this program can be found at;
Kristen Faucher will be coordinating this program this year. If you have any questions, please reach out to her directly at email@example.com
Thank you for supporting this new recycling program while earning cash for McCarthy!
Toner Recycling Learn How Click Here
2022-2023 PTO Board :
2022-2023 PTO Board : Risa DiVincenzo, President
Emily Dilworth, Vice President
Shanon Dahlstrom, Treasurer
Alicia Cunningham, Secretary
Contact Us: PTO.McCarthy@gmail.com
Chromebook Repair Protocol
Chromebook Repair Protocol: If your student enters a ticket through the IIQ Helpdesk while at home, they will need to drop off the Chromebook in the library when they come to school the next day. The Tech Department will collect the broken device and perform the repairs. Students may be able to get a loaner device while waiting for their device to be repaired.
When the repairs are done, the student will be alerted via their ticket/email to pick up their device in the library.
Please use this video tutorial for the process of submitting an IIQ Helpdesk ticket.
NOVEMBER LUNCH MENU
To report an absence,tardy or dismissal for your student.Please notify McCarthy School by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the attendance line at 978-251-5133,extention 4100.~ Thank You ,
If you need to reach out to NRT here is the phone # 978-323-0101
If any issues come up regarding the bus coming late, or not picking up your child etc.
Buses/ Transportation: I encourage families to register your students for the buses. There is plenty of room on our buses. Please use this link to register your students for the bus: https://www.chelmsford.k12.ma.us/domain/90
Please contact your child’s counselor if you have any concerns whether it is attendance related or not. Specific class/assignment related questions or concerns should be directed to the particular teacher involved. Our counselor assignments are as follows:
Moya Charig: Grade 8 & Team 5-4 email@example.com
Elyse Seero: Grade 6& Team 5-2,5/6 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Weaver : Grade 7 & Team 5-1 & 5-3 email@example.com