for the Week of February 8th
Important Reminders for the Week of February 8th
1-19 Feb 2016--Coupon Book Fundraiser
8-9 Feb 2016--Crisis Center Presentations: Suicide Prevention with 7th Grade Science Classes
8 Feb 2016--Softball Pictures at Natalie Bunn Field after school
9 Feb 2016--Panther Pass Redemption Opportunity before school in gym lobby
9 Feb 2016--Faculty Meetings in Library. All teachers should bring their CompassLearning log-in information. If you have forgotten your log-ins, contact Beth Mixon for assistance.
9 Feb 2016--Timecard Approval by 3 PM
10-11 Feb 2016--YWCA Presentations: Healthy Relationships with 8th Grade
11 Feb 2016--Tornado/Fire Drill 7th Period
11 Feb 2016--JUNA End of Year Party after school in Library
12 Feb 2016--PD Day - School Closed to students (Tentative Schedule Below)
12 Feb 2016--Grades Updated by 3 PM
12 Feb 2016--Parent Contact Logs due via email to assigned administrator
Reminders from the Principal
- Professional behavior when interacting with students, parents AND each other is the expected norm not the exception. It is best to think before you react.
- Wall containers for Units of Study have been posted in every classroom. All teachers are required to post their Unit(s) of Study for review. As we start our third week of review visits, several teachers have failed to post their Units of Study during the previous two weeks, we will begin issuing memos to teachers who are not meeting expectations this week.
- We began the new advisory schedule the week of January 18th. For the week of February 8th, academic teachers should be collaborating with their grade level advisory teachers to pull kids for RTI and/or provide instructions for them to use CompassLearning for RTI. The schedule for advisement lessons may be found in the link that follows this section.
- Speaking of RTI, you as the classroom teacher have the final say as to what counts as a classroom assessment. Vocabulary quizzes do not have to be entered in the assessment category. It is your choice as the classroom teacher. Additionally, we should begin making more use of CompassLearning as our RTI tool. Remediation activities and assessments can be assigned through CompassLearning and students given a deadline as to when they need to have the work completed. The students would still have access to you as the teacher for questions. This is something all core teachers need to start using as the semester goes forward. By using more CompassLearning, we can start transitioning from using so much of our planning periods for RTI.
- Teacher feedback forms were distributed during faculty meeting on Tuesday February 2nd and due back by Thursday, February 4th. The list of students determined eligible by the committee will be made available during faculty meetings February 9th.
- All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
- Remember when entering grades for students currently assigned to the JCCLC, you will need to run a grade report from CompassLearning and enter their grades in INOW. The grades in CompassLearning are not weighted at the 75%/25% categories so you cannot simply take the overall grade from CompassLearning. You will need to enter the assessment average and the classwork average from CompassLearning in INOW to get an accurate grade for the students. Elective teachers (including PE) should have frozen the grade of any student sent to the JCCLC. Only assignments made prior to being sent and after the student returns count against the student when determining the students average.
- Make sure you are updating your PLPs with evidence as you go. We do not want to get behind and wait until the last minute.
- Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:30.
Projected PD Schedule for Friday February 12th (Tentative pending additional information from the district)
- 8:15 - 9:15 AM in Library - All 8th Grade Advisement Teachers
- 9:25 - 10:25 AM in Library - All 6th Grade Advisement Teachers
- 10:35 AM - 11:35 AM in Library - All 7th Grade Advisement Teachers
- 11:35 AM - 1:00 PM - Lunch on your own
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Fundraiser Training with Ms. Lawrence in the Library - Mandatory for all athletic coaches and club sponsors who have conducted a fundraiser this year or expect to try to organize one before the end of the year.
- When not in one of the above PD sessions, teachers are expected to be collaborating with their advisement grade level teachers in developing a plan for their E-Day lessons. The lessons are due by March 1st. The expectation is that multiple content areas will collaborate on one project/assignment.
- Ms. Mercer and Ms. Abernathy - Dyslexia Training at CPHS 12 - 3 PM
- Ms. Wilson - Librarian Training at ITT Tech in Bessemer 1- 3 PM
- I have received no information for any additional training. I will update should I receive any additional information.