NBFAP Weekly Newsletter
January 4, 2016
What's Happening This Week...
Wednesday January 6:
- No Bible Study
Friday January 8:
- Choir Rehearsal and Youth Rehearsal 6:30pm: If you are interested in being apart of the choir please come out; please see Elder Hayes for more information. Parents please bring your children out to prepare for the upcoming Youth Sunday; please see Deaconess Russell for more information.
Saturday January 9:
- Teacher's Certification 9am: All youth teachers and Time of Knowledge teachers are expected to attend the certification. If you have any questions please see Prophetess Washington.
- There will be no dance rehearsal due to the Teacher's Certification.
Sunday January 10:
- Deacon's Training 8am: If you have any questions regarding this training please Deacon Johnson.
In Case You Missed It...
During Sunday morning's Leadership Training, Apostle Daniels taught on having the Spirit of Excellence. The scripture text that he used was Daniel 6: 3-4. "3 Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm. 4 So the governors and satraps sought to find some charge against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find no charge or fault, because he was faithful; nor was there any error or fault found in him."
In this text Apostle Daniels pointed out two key things about Daniel, they found no fault in him and he was loyal to God and to his leaders. These are some qualities that exemplify the Spirit of Excellence. The definition that Apostle Daniels gave for excellence was: the quality of being outstanding or extremely good. You go beyond of what's expected and you have servant hood ministry in mind. Meaning it's not by obligation, but it's by choice. Another definition that he provided was the quality of being outstanding or extraordinary. Being extraordinary is not being regular, but being different by doing something out of the norm.
When operating with the Spirit of Excellence, you should be excelling in your ministry and what you have been called and empowered to do. You should have the reputation of getting things done efficiently. You should also strive for perfection, this is a sign of maturity. When achieving perfection in your ministry, you are perfecting your craft, you are faithful, and you're noteworthy. This all ties back in to your reputation.
Characteristics to having the Spirit of Excellence:
· Good preparation
· Doing it God's way or the Bible way
· Purposeful skill
· Good reputation
· Confident driven "I know I can do the job."
· Being able to adapt
· "I'm not average"
How to develop the Spirit of Excellence:
· Always Pray and Plan this = Progress
· Practice "I must put The Word into practice"
· Perseverance: being constant no matter what
· Have a vision: your vision tells you where you are going and how you are going to get there; it provides direction for your life
· Take initiative
Two things you should do this week:
- The first thing is to read Philippians 4:3 out of the amplified and break it down.
- The second thing is to implement this in your prayers:
- I pray that God gives me wisdom, knowledge, and understanding to deal with the affairs of life.
- Show me how to walk in the favor you have given me.
- Show me how to operate under the anointing that was given to me.
NBFAP Admin team
Remember The Deployed
CW2 Raby, Erica
46th Transportation CO.
Unit # 15382
APO, AP 96257
SSG Raby, Brent
APO, AE 09330
APO AE 09330
APO AP 96224