This Week's Schedule
I hope you all had a wonderful vacation. Unfortunately, my family had to cancel our 10th annual ski getaway with friends. We had optimistically planned it over the summer when we thought a slope-side, ski-in-ski-out house at Sugarloaf would be just the ticket. We wouldn't have to go into any public lodges, bathrooms, restaurants but...it wasn't to be. My community and their safety is the most important thing right now. I did enjoy some rest. I happily finished 2 graduate courses and I read a couple of actual books written for ADULTS! This is kind of a big deal. Even when I have had the time, I've had a hard time concentrating on reading (which I generally LOVE) since the pandemic started. It was nice to return to one of my favorite pastimes. All in all, I have zero complaints about vacation and I'm looking forward to returning to my work with the children.
- I'll look forward to seeing Cohort 1 in school on Monday and Tuesday.
- We'll all meet for a 1/2 day of synchronous teaching and learning on Wednesday in Zoom followed by a 1/2 day of independent work time for the students.
- I'll look forward to seeing Cohort 2 in school on Thursday and Friday.
The schedule for concurrent teaching/learning will remain the same this week.
The specials schedule is:
Monday - PE
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - Art (Remote)
Thursday - Technology
Friday - Library
- Attendance will be taken at 9:15 and sent to the office digitally by 9:20 at the latest. If your child is not present, he or she will be marked absent. You may wish to call the office to alert them that your child was tardy should he or she log in late. Otherwise, the office will likely phone you to confirm your child's absence/attendance.
- We will take a quick attendance at the beginning of every concurrent session (3 additional times per day). This attendance will be sent to the office at the end of the week. Should your child miss one or more of his or her remote sessions, the office will mark your child dismissed for those sessions.
Please let me know if you'd like me to work with your student to set iPad alarms for his or her remote days. It would be my pleasure to do so!
Important dates to remember
- Clough 4th-Grade Yearbook Cover Contest - Entries are due on March 1st. The contest flier has been posted for the students in Google Classroom but you can also access them HERE.
- Kindergarten Information Night will be held virtually on February 23rd at 6:00.
- Spanish Immersion Information Evening will be held on March 2nd at 7:00.
- Morin's Studio will be coming to Clough School for picture retakes/make-ups on the following dates: Tuesday, March 2nd - 9:30-10:30 am for Cohort 1, Pre-K AM and remote students and Friday, March 5th - 9:30-10:30 for Cohort 2, Pre-K PM and remote students.
- Day 100 is March 2nd. Can you believe it?
- Read Across America will be held on Wednesday, March 3rd. Mrs. Trimble will meet with all fourth-graders during their specialist block. A special Community Reader will read to our students. I know they'll make us proud during this special Zoom. Spoiler alert: The 4th-grade reader is usually someone from their future and our kiddos will want to make a good impression!
Packing for Hogwarts
- A fully charged iPad
- Green Clough folder
- Wonders Reading/Writing Companion (Unit 1-2) Workbook
- Chapter 4 - Go Math!
- 3 Composition Notebooks (Dear Harry, Math, Reading)
- Pencil box containing things like pencils, scissors, glue stick, colored pencils, pencil sharpener, crayons, etc.
- A spare mask in a ziplock bag
- Snack and a water bottle
(Large white binders can stay at home)
SEL Screener and iReady
Additionally, the district has asked teachers to allow time for students to answer a 34-question survey that will be used to assess students' social-emotional learning. The Panorama survey was selected because it measures students’ perceptions of SEL, provides interactive reports, and suggests actionable strategies for educators to build students’ SEL skills. The survey will take students approximately 15 minutes to complete. Due to snow and the demands of the iReady assessments, this survey was pushed off to this week.
Second Step Lessons with Mr. Hanson
Cohort 1 students: Every Week 1, Friday at 12:00
Cohort 2 students: Every Week 2, Monday at 12:00
Cohort 2 will have their first lesson THIS Monday (2/22)
Cohort 1 will not have their next lesson till NEXT Friday (3/5)
LINK to Mr. Hanson's flier