Beauty & the Beast
Mountain Island Charter School presents...
This year, we will run auditions via VIDEO. In order to audition you will first
1) Check your spring schedule and see what activities you will be involved with. Required rehearsals will be required. Mondays and Tuesdays 2:30 until 5PM. Students in the MT class should come on Tuesdays only, except when time for the show.
2) Fill out an online Audition form HERE.
3) Upload a video of yourself singing a Broadway song that fits the role/s you might be interested in. You may upload to a youtube or vimeo site.
4) Share the video. Make the link available to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Wait for confirmation of receipt of your video audition and form. Do not delete video until after Feb 10.
6) Callbacks for possible lead roles will be held February 10, 2015 after school from 2:30 -4:00 PM in Mrs. Clarkson's room. If you created a video, you should expect to attend.
ALL AUDITION FORMS AND VIDEOS are due no later than February 9, 2015 at 3PM
See below to help you in your search for a song that is appropriate for your voice/role. Even chorus members will need to audition here.
Flat Stanley cast will have the option of extending their club for 1 quarter to participate in this show as a chorus member if they can provide their own costume for "Be Our Guest" as an object.
Please do not choose a song from "Beauty and the Beast" as your main audition song. Choose a song that might be similar, though. These are just suggestions...
For Belle (Second Soprano songs) If I loved You (Carousel), How Lovely To be a Woman (Bye, Bye, Birdie), In My Own Little Corner (Cinderella), A Long as He Needs Me (Oliver), Range is low G to F. operatic style is nice.
For Beast/Mrs D'arque: (Baritone/Tenor songs) Almost Like Being in Love (Brigadoon), Feed Me (Little Shop of Horrors), I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face (My Fair Lady), I Don, Quixote (Man of La Mancha) Some Enchanted Evening (South Pacific)
Lefou/Cogsworth/Lumiere/Cogsworth: (Tenor): Get Me to the Church on Time (My Fair Lady), Be Like the Bluebird (Anything Goes), I Can Do That (A Chorus Line) Make Em Laugh (Singin in the Rain) Les Possoins (Little Mermaid) Gigi (Gigi)
Babette/Gaston's Girls -I Caint Say No (Oklahoma), A Secretary is not a Toy (How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying), Diamonds are A Girl's Best Friend (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes), Adelaide's Lament (Guys and Dolls)
Mrs. Potts or Madame De La Grande Bouche (Sop 1 and BIg opera voice): Climb Every Mountain (Sound of Music), You'll Never Walk Alone (Carousel), No one is Alone (Into the Woods). operatic would be a plus.
I can only see Cogsworth and Chip as possible male roles that could be played by girls at this present time. Apply for a role within your gender.
Chip will be played by a younger player (probably from the Flat Stanley, Jr cast).
This show will have a LARGE chorus. The chorus will need to supply their own "dinner costume" -for Be our Guest.
But not everyone who auditions will make it.
Go HERE to learn more about the songs and the story and the ranges needed for the singers
Be prepared to sing 1 of the Disney songs at Callbacks from the character you are hopeful for.
Due to the time involved with High School Musical, Mrs. Clarkson is not available to help practice or upload your song for your video.
How to upload your video
Sing your song -30 seconds to 1 minute of your song. With or without accompaniment.
Review it to be sure it is what you what to send!
Please avoid other background noise.
upload it to a site such as youtube or vimeo.
Some may be emailed, but I worry that it could get lost, so only email it as a last resort.
Email Mrs. Clarkson at email@example.com and let her know the link to see your video.
Complete your form all by Feb 9th at 3PM!
Show up for callbacks the next day!