Causing harm over communication technologies.
WHAT IS CYBER BULLY?
What affect does cyber bullying have on the person targeted?
The bully can be spreading information on the Internet for anyone to see and that can affect someone's social life, especially how other kids at school view them. It can also affect the person academically because their lack of confidence will prevent them from contributing and asking questions in class or in any other places.
Students from 6-8 grade.
- Nearly 42% of kids have been bullied online and almost one in four have had it happen more than once.
- Among this percentage, being ignored and disrespected were the most common forms of cyber bullying.
- Nine out of ten middle school students have had their feelings hurt online.
- About 75% have visited a Web site bashing another student.
- Four out of ten middle school students have had their password(s) stolen and changed by a bully who then locked them out of their own account or sent communications posing as them.
- About 21% of kids have received mean or threatening e-mails.