PCA Weekly News
Week of May 23rd - May 27th
A Peek at the Week
Earth Day Celebration
7 Days Remain
We have many exciting events that will be taking place in the last 7 days of the school year.
This time of year is always bitter-sweet. We are so thrilled that school will be out and we could enjoy our summer vacations. However, we are also sad at the same time. We have already had several students shed a tear or express how much they will miss school. We will also be saying good-bye to our 5th grade students who have been at PCA for the last 8 years.
2016-2017 Enrollment Applications
In order for your application to be considered complete, you must submit the following:
1. Complete and submit the application form.
2. Submit the application fee ( checks payable to St. Demetrios)
3. Tuition and fees for the 2015-2016 school year have been paid in full.
4. 2016 Stewardship Commitment (paid in full or ACH monthly commitment)
Orientation/Registration will take place on Thursday, August 18th from 10am - 6pm.
Clubs and After School Care
Please keep in mind that our after school and before school care will end on June 3rd.
Summer Reading Program
You must present your PCA report card in order to participate in the summer reading program.
5th Grade Clap Out - Wednesday, June 8th @ 11:45am
Please join us on Wednesday, June 8th at 11:45 a.m. to "clap out" our 5th grade students for the last time.
All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend!
School will be dismissed, in the school gym, following the clap out. You MUST still sign-out your children with their teachers in the school gym.
We are looking forward to coming together and sending off our 5th grade students as one big and loving PCA family.
End of the Year Program / Graduation - Wednesday, June 8th @ 6:00pm
- All students should wear summer church clothing.
- Students should be at school by 5:45pm. Our program will begin promptly at 6pm.
- The first few rows will be reserved for our kindergarten and 5th grade parents.
- All students are to remain for the entire program.
- Students will be dismissed from their seats, in the school gymnasium, following the program.
- You MUST sign-out your children following the program.
- Refreshments will be served following the program.
- Please be sure to visit our ART SHOW following the program.
- Kindergarten and 5th grade students may keep their graduation caps.
- The program will be professionally video recorded.
- If you would like to purchase a DVD of our Christmas, March 25th, and End of the Year Program, please be sure to contact our PPO at email@example.com.
A Look Ahead...
Tuesday, May 31st
Wednesday, June 1st
- Pizza Day
- You must still provide a snack and water bottle
Thursday, June 2nd
Friday, June 3rd
- 4th/5th Grade European Country Presentations @ 8:45am (4th/5th parents are welcome)
- Kindergarten Book Release Party @ 9:30am (K parents are welcome)
- Pre-K Pizza Party
- Casual Day - All School
Sunday, June 5th
- Graduate Sunday
- All PCA kindergarten and 5th Grade Students will be honored and recognized in church
Monday, June 6th
- Annual School Picnic
- Do not send a lunch to school (only a snack and water bottle)
- Our PPO will be providing a BBQ lunch
- Field Day - Olympic Games
- Casual Day
- Please contact our PPO at if you would like to volunteer
Tuesday, June 7th
- Casual Day
Wednesday, June 8th
- Early Dismissal at 12pm
- Casual Day
- Last Day of School
- End of the Year Program and Graduation @ 6pm