Your monthly resource for CVUSD news & information
Check out what's cooking in your students' cafeteria this January!
Congratulations Stacey Wasson of Redwood Middle - CVUSD's December Teacher of the Month!
Ms. Wasson is a Math/Algebra teacher at Redwood Middle School, where she has taught for the last 21 years. Her wisdom helps guide teachers and administrators to serve students best. She empowers students, parents, and teachers to confidently explore ideas and find a path to success.
We are proud to call her our December 2019 Teacher of the Month! Read more
Congratulations Teri Sweet of Lang Ranch Elementary - CVUSD's November Teacher of the Month
A class that laughs together, celebrates together, and learns together is at the heart of Teri Sweet’s first grade classroom at Lang Ranch Elementary School. She looks at each student, sees their potential and their strengths, and builds them up for success.
Ms. Sweet, a veteran in the classroom, has been an educator at Lang Ranch Elementary School for 17 years. She possesses the talent and passion for meeting students at their individual levels, and adjusts her schedule, teaching, and assignments to meet students’ needs. She continually shows flexibility and willingness to take on the most challenging of assignments. We are proud to call Ms. Sweet our November 2019 Teacher of the Month! Read More
Three CVUSD Schools Honored as 2020 California Distinguished Schools
National Champions! Congratulations to the Newbury Park High School Boys Cross Country Team
Westlake High School Students Named Overall Winners of Hack-a-Thon By the Sea
In honor of National Inclusive Schools Week, which Conejo Valley Unified School District celebrated from December 2nd to December 6th, the District put a call out to the CVUSD community to shine a light on our Inclusion Heroes. Inclusion Heroes are CVUSD teachers, staff members, and administrators who go above and beyond to create a community of inclusivity, kindness, and respect to enhance the learning for ALL students.
More than 65 nominations of incredible, dedicated professionals were submitted, and we are proud to recognize the following five individuals as our 2019 Inclusion Heroes:
- Susan Frisoli – Para Educator, Acacia Magnet School for Enriched Learning
- Debbie Hanna – Sparkles Leader/Coach
- Patty Lewis – Principal of Maple Elementary School
- Erin Nassar – Special Education Teacher, Ladera STARS Academy
- Sammi Stewart – Adaptive Physical Education Teacher, Newbury Park High School, Sequoia Middle School & Westlake High School
These dedicated educators were formally recognized as Inclusion Heroes with a certificate of appreciation at the December 17th Board of Education Meeting. We are so proud of all of our school sites for their on-going efforts to create campuses of inclusion and kindness. Read more about our 2019 Inclusion Heroes here
New Board President, Vice President & Clerk Chosen via Nomination, Majority Vote Process
Through their nomination and election process the following Board Members were voted into office positions:
- Cindy Goldberg, Board President
- Jenny Fitzgerald, Board Vice President
- Bill Gorback, Board Clerk
The Board Members will hold these office positions for one year.
California Department of Education Launches 2019 School Dashboard
Highlights from this year’s Dashboard include:
- CVUSD’s Graduation Rate remained blue, increasing another 0.8% to 96.6%. CVUSD has one of the highest graduation rates in Ventura County and the state.
- English Language Arts achievement increased by an average of 8 points.
- Mathematics achievement increased by an average of 1.3 points.
- A decrease in CVUSD’s Suspension Rate – to 1.6%, led to an improved ranking in performance level color from yellow to green
As a District, CVUSD is immensely proud of the successes achieved by its students and dedicated staff. CVUSD continues to implement Universal Design for Learning as its defining instructional approach, and continues to evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of the students it serves. Read more
Sequoia Middle School "LEAP" Information Night
Newbury Park High School Preview Night
Open Classroom Leadership Magnet Information Night