Help Save the Earth!
What I Can Do For Earth Day
I am going to encourage myself and my family to recycle more bottles, cans, and paper.
2. I am going to try to reduce the amount of water and electricity I use.
I will turn off the lights when I'm not using them and try to take shorter showers to save water.
3. I am going to use reusable water bottles more than disposable ones.
I will use reusable water bottles to decrease the amount of trash I throw away.
Interesting Earth Day Facts
- More than 1 billion people participate in Earth Day.
- The average American produces more than 4 pounds of garbage a day.
- It takes approximately 450 years for a plastic bottle to completely decompose.
- By recycling 1 ton of paper, we can heat a home for 6 moths.
- It takes approximately 1 million years for a glass bottle to decompose in a landfill.
- Every square mile of all of the oceans contains approximately 46,000 pieces of floating plastic.
- Almost half of the food in America goes to waste, about 3,000 pounds a second.