Walt Whitman Elementary
Weekly Communicator 1/18/2016 to 1/22/2016
- Thank you Cathey for working on updating all of our bulletin boards on Friday!
- Congrats 3rd Grade (95%) and 6th Grade (96.7%) for meeting our attendance goal last week! We were only 92.% for week school-wide.
- Thank you to everyone for helping with the Whitman video. You all did a great job!
- Congrats Mrs. DeMoss our Whitman Teacher of the Year and Ms. Anderson our Support Person of the Year!
- The number of students assigned to the AEC room for fighting has decreased by 73%!!!!
- As of 12:00pm on Thursday, 7 out of 31 teachers at your school have completed the OU survey for a response rate of 23%.
Baby Hornet Happenings
2. We will only have PLC meetings this week for grades 3rd-6th Reading teachers. Chenoa will be leading these meetings focused on Systems 44/Read 180 implementation data.
3. This week is Science Week. Science Explorers will be here all week. We sent out the schedule last week.
4. Ms. Schnuck and I will be out Wednesday, Jan. 20th through Friday Jan. 22nd.
5. The Pre-K Early Childhood Inventory Assessment Window opens on Jan. 4th and closes on February 5th.
6. The 2nd Grade CoGat testing Window opens on Tuesday, Jan. 19th.
7. There are still several bulletin boards and hallways that need to be updated. Please make sure your team completes this as soon as possible. Also, please do not 'dump' unwanted items in lounge or hallway. Let us know if you have items that needed discarded.
8. Walt Whitman will be hosting a 'Legislative Breakfast' for the district on January 29th. We will be having lots of maintenance workers in the building preparing for this event.
9. Please review the IOC procedures with your class. We will be having an IOC drill this week.
10. Please make sure you take a few minutes to complete the OU school health surveys. After you have completed your survey, you may wear jeans to school on the day of your choosing (free jeans pass)!!!