4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary - Leander Independent School District
Week of March 30
STAAR Testing This Week
You should have received an email last week (linked below) with some details about the STAAR Writing test your child will be taking this week. As a reminder, your child needs to bring the following items this Monday and Tuesday on our Writing STAAR test days:
QUICK LIST REMINDER OF WHAT TO BRING ON STAAR TESTING DAYS:
Glasses (if needed)
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
ALL unnecessary electronics
As a reminder, our campus will be closed to visitors on testing days. Also, please don't schedule appointments on these days.
Please know that there is not a test in the world that will ever be able to accurately show the progress that our students have made this year! As 4th grade teachers, we have sat together and shared compositions that students have written throughout the year. We are their personal cheerleaders and are invite you to not only help us to encourage them to write their best on STAAR writing test days, but celebrate their knowledge and growth. These students have worked hard this year, and we're proud of them!
Our Current Week
- Writing STAAR Test, Day 1, 4th Grade
- Yellow specials day
- Writing STAAR Test, Day 2, 4th Grade
- Reading STAAR Test, 5th Grade
- Green specials day (no need to bring library books as students cannot return/check out books due to STAAR testing)
- blue specials day
- makeup STAAR testing
- purple specials day
- makeup STAAR testing
- LAST DAY of the 3rd 9 weeks
- NO SCHOOL - enjoy your long weekend!
- No new packet this week (packet from before spring break is due on Monday)
- RECOMMENDED: Log in to Think Through Math to practice math skills (login information in travel binders)
- RECOMMENDED: 30 minutes per week of math fact practice (Xtra Math is recommended, but could use other websites and/or flash cards if you prefer)
- RECOMMENDED: read 100 minutes/week (25 minutes/4 nights); may log on line
- RECOMMENDED: iStation reading practice (free app available for iOS & Android devices; students have login info in binders)
- No homework this week
- No spell check this week
All homework is weekly homework (not daily).
School Photograph Orders
- Due to our no-ice day on 3/5, school *WILL* be in session on Monday, April 27th
- The school-wide splash day, originally scheduled for May 8, has been rescheduled for Monday, June 1st.
On the Horizon - Upcoming Dates
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The following dates, to the best of our knowledge at this time, are the dates for the 3rd and 4th 9 weeks that will affect your 4th grader. Please make note of them on your personal calendars. We'd appreciate it if you could limit appointments and absences as much as possible on our state testing days (Writing - 3/30, 3/31, Math - 4/21 and Reading - 4/22)...thanks!
Please update your calendars accordingly. Dates are subject to change; we will do our best to keep this current. If there are any additions from the previous week's newsletter, they will be in italics below.
- STAAR Writing Test, Day 1
- STAAR Writing Test, Day 2
- end of 3rd 9 weeks grading period
- NO SCHOOL - student / staff holiday
- STAAR Math Test
- STAAR Reading Test
- SCHOOL IS IN SESSION - inclement weather makeup day
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Pioneer Farms; more info to come
Monday 5/4 - Friday 5/8
- Scholastic book fair in library
- Splash Day is no longer occurring on this date as originally scheduled
- Living Museum in the MPR: times TBD; more info to come
- 4th & 5th Grade Track & Field meet at Ranger Stadium - more info to come
- NO SCHOOL - inclement weather make up day
- NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day Holiday
- 5th Grade Business Fair - during specials; tickets available that week for students that wish to purchase items. More information to come.
- School - wide Splash Day
- last day of school; end of 4th 9 Weeks - HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!
Elizabeth & Reanna