Mission & Goals
Laura Meyer - May 6, 2016 - $85,161
Personal Mission Statement
Goal: I will find effective ways in which to "sharpen my saw" by eating right, self-reflecting, and exercising.
Weekly Summary Report
One Word of the Week: Communication
*SCES New Personnel: I spent a lot of my time throughout this week on the phone calling references/principals, on email making recommendations to hire (by the way..."Thank you, Dr. Mercer, for the timeliness of your approvals!), and then on the phone again talking with the individuals that I offered positions to...just to learn more about them!
Just a bit about the 5 that I recommended this week:
- one is leaving Ninety-Six, where she was born and raised to marry a gentleman from this area (whose children go to Mayo & Chesnee Middle) - small world;
- one is relocating to this area due to her husband taking a position at Cannon's Campground Methodist Church (she is relation to Kathy McKinney);
- one is leaving Greenville County Schools so she can teach here in the community that she lives;
- one is a new graduate; and
- one is coming from CFG (computer lab) to classroom teacher.
*SCES Personnel: Many questions continue to come in from SCES staff members about a plethora of items, so I try to be quick in communicating a response if I can answer or quick to go to someone that can help me get an answer in order to respond. (Examples: "Can I take my ipad?"; "Can I have afternoon duty?"; "Will we order shirts for Convocation?"; and it goes on and on...it's all good!)
*SCES Positions: At 2:30 this afternoon I communicated with current staff their grade level placement, as well as communicated with teaching assistants the teacher they would be working with for next year.
*Exceptional Children Awards Night: I enjoyed this event once again this year!
*Purchases: Mrs. Ashby, JoAnn and I met to go over what has been quoted and is ready for ordering, what is still "in the works", and what have we not thought of....so we can all be "on the same page".
*Fill last 4th grade position - Interviews on Monday morning
*Cooley-Springs - attend faculty meeting - Dr. Hinton's Presentation
*Punch List Items (Update Teacher Handbook, Student Handbook, Supply List, Welcome Back letter for registration packet, etc.)