Uplift Summit Families - Update
August 21, 2020
August 21, 2020
Note from the Directors - Ms. Oviatt, Ms. Miller, and Ms. McDaniel
It has been wonderful to see your scholars in our zoom classes this week with smiling faces as they began to navigate this new way of school. Thank you for working with your scholars to help them get on the technology, and ready for learning each day! We are still working towards our goal of 100% All-In each day, and each day we are getting closer and closer to that with your help!
We also want to thank our families for your patience and understanding as we navigate this new environment and provide your scholars with the best learning experiences we can! We are working with our staff each day to be better and give better to your scholars. With that in mind, we are excited to move into our 2nd week with scholars!
With Scholars First,
Ms. Oviatt, Primary Director
Ms. Miller, Middle School Director
Mrs. McDaniel, High School Director
Mr. Smith, Operations Director
- August 17- September 4: Scholar Leadership Academy
- August 18 - August 21: MS Supply Bag Pick up (9:00 - 3:00 pm)
- Week of 9/7: HS Supply Pick Up
- All Uplift campuses will be remain 100% virtual until October 2nd
Important Need to Knows - ALL OF SUMMIT (K-12)
What are the changes to virtual vs. in-person learning?
Uplift announced yesterday, 8/20/20, that both Dallas and Tarrant county campuses will remain 100% virtual through October 2nd. Please click this link to read the memo.
What does my scholar do on Monday, 8/24/20?
Directions are described below for each division. Please read through those!
I'm a new parent. How can I access the New Family orientation videos?
Check out our Facebook page here that has a list of Family Orientations and Back to School Information.
Where can I access previous newsletters?
Visit our campus website www.uplifteducation.org/upliftsummit. Then go to ""Family & Scholars" --> "Campus General Information" --> "Newsletters" for prior issues.
How do I know who my child's advisor or teacher is?
Teachers courses are available on Schoology. Your scholar can send them a direct message through the program.
What is the uniform policy?
- In the remote environment, scholars are not required to wear their uniform. However, they must be appropriately dressed for school. Pajamas are not allowed.
- Scholars will be required to wear their uniform when on campus. They will need to correct color polo for their grade, but the polo does not have to have the logo this school year.
- Please visit www.uplifteducation.org/upliftsummit --> "Family & Scholars" --> "Campus General Information" for detailed uniform information.
How do I get a Chromebook or hotspot (Internet)?
Scholars who were issued a Chromebook last school year may keep the same device. If parents indicated on the summer survey that they need a Chromebook, an email went out earlier this week with details about picking up their Chromebook and/or hotspot.
Parents who did not indicate on the survey or whose needs have changed, need to email their respective Office Manager to be put on a waiting list:
- Primary Office Manager(grades K-5): Julie Malone, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School Office Manager (grades 6-8): Aurora Alfaro, email@example.com
- High School Office Manager (grades 9-12): Patty Cordoba, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is my Schoology login?
Your scholar's login is the same login as their email, Chromebook, and Powerschool. If they do not remember it, or are new to the school, email the appropriate office manager (listed in bullet point above).
- Directions for how to access Schoology through ClassLink are attached below!
How will lunches work next week?
We are continuing our curbside meal pick up starting Aug 17th. Please note: Beginning on Thursday, August 13th families looking to utilize our meal service should go to their home campus between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to pick up a pre-printed lunch card from our reception desks. These cards will remain available through the first 3 weeks of remote learning. Lunch cards or prior year scholar IDs will be required to be presented by the scholar to receive their meals at our meal service locations.
We will be offering breakfast and lunch between the hours of 12:30pm and 2:30am. Meal pick-ups on Monday – Thursday will include a hot lunch for that day and a breakfast for the next morning. Friday’s service will be limited to only a hot lunch.
How will I know Uplift's Return to School plans and changes?
How do I know my enrollment is complete?
Who do I contact with more questions?
Please visit our school website www.uplifteducation.org/upliftsummit and "Family & Scholars" to see most answers to your questions.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook (@SummitInternationalPreparatory)
for more K-12 Campus Updates!
Important Information from our Virtual Clinic
Community Partner: Inspire to Live Church, Back-to-School Give-Away
Register your student at inspiredtolive.org to ensure they receive their backpack full of supplies.
Inspire To Live Church
2455 Ascension Blvd.
Arlington, Tx 76006
Grades 6-12 Bell Schedule for Aug. 24 - Sept. 4
Important Need to Knows - Primary School
- Plan to log in to Schoology at 7:45am.
- Click COURSES
- Click ADVISORY
- Click ZOOM to enter your scholar's classroom.
Many teachers have included a picture of themselves pointing to the correct places to click in order to make if easy for scholars to find.
Scholars must sign into Schoology at 8am for attendance each day.
Independent Work 1-3pm
This week, we are adding on scholar independent work-time in the afternoons in addition to live instruction each morning from 8-12pm. Check in with your scholar's Schoology page to see what their teacher has assigned them to complete and how they need to submit their work. The assigned work may not take the full two hours to complete, and that is okay! We are continuing to build up scholar stamina for when we resume full school days.
If you have not already, please sign up for your scholar's Class Dojo page where you will receive direct messages from your scholar's teacher and see real-time information on your scholar's behavior and participation in class. You scholar's teacher will be happy to assist you with this!
Important Need to Knows - Middle School
- Log in to Schoology at 7:45am.
- Find their advisory class.
- Find the folder/info for that day's date --> and click on the Zoom link for that course.
- Participate in Advisory through 9:00 am.
- They will get the schedule/zoom codes for the remainder of their day during advisory.
- Scholars are done at 12:00pm with direct instruction.
- Summer assignments will be submitted through the course they apply to (English, Math, etc.) on Schoology. You will scan the assignment in and submit into the assignment title "Summer Assignment"
- This assignment may not be posted until next week in your scholar's course.
- To scan you can -- use your camera and take pictures of each page, use a free scanning APP such as Genius Scan on your phone, follow these directions to scan using Apple products.
- If you cannot scan the summer assignment or take a picture in anyway, you can drop off assignment to the campus. Please be sure your scholars name and grade are NEATLY written on the front of the assignment.
- Please reach out to your scholar's teacher for questions.
Middle School Supply Pick Up
- Supply bags are ready at the middle school!
- You can pick them up Monday - Friday from 9-3 pm at the middle school.
- If you have already gotten a bag, you can disregard this message. There is only 1 bag available per scholar.
In Middle School, scholars will need to sign into each period "live" in order to be marked present. Be sure to follow your schedule in Schoology, beginning with Advisory each day. Please see the times of each period above.
Important Need to Knows - High School
Freshman 9th Grade Orientation Series
This year, we are offering a Freshman Family Orientation Series to introduce ourselves and our programs to you.
"9th Grade Matters" is the first session, and it will take place on Thursday August 27th at 7:00 p.m. This session will address things our 9th grade families need to know as the school year begins.
We want to be responsive to the needs of our families. Please take this survey to let us know what information you might find useful. We will use the data to help plan our future sessions.
Chromebook Pick Up
If you were contacted about picking up your chromebook from High School, please pick it up before Wednesday, August 19th by 3pm. Any chromebooks not picked up will be reassigned to families on the chromebook waiting list.
In High School, scholars will need to sign into each period "live" in order to be marked present. Be sure to follow your schedule in Schoology, beginning with Advisory each day. Please see the times of each period above.
High School Supply Pick Up
High school supplies will be ready for pick up after Labor Day, the week of September 7th. Please stay tuned for more details soon!