C.C.F.C. Golden Eagle Weekly
Columbia Community Fitness Center
December 9, 2019: Volume 1, Issue 3
Welcome to our new Columbia Community Fitness Center newsletter where you can find information about schedules, staff, contests, special events and a whole lot more. We will have a paper copy of our newsletter available for those of you not electronically inclined. Also, if we have your email address, we will be sending email copies of our newsletter as well.
Calendar of Events:
- December 11- Boys Junior High Basketball 5 pm vs Mason consilated schools
- December 12 - Holiday Lunch - free for all students!
- December 17 - Second Grade Musical, CUES gym, 6 pm
- December 19 - CUES Band & Choir Concert
- December 23 - Blood Drive @ CCHS
- December 24 - Christmas eve - Fitness Center Closes @ 12pm
- December 25 - Christmas day - Fitness Center Closed
- December 28 - Columbia Community Fitness Center Open House 10-12pm
- December 31 - New Year's Eve - Fitness Center closes @ 5 pm
- January 1, 2020 - New Year's Day - Fitness Center Closed
- January 17, 2020 - Elementary School Carnival @ CUES, 5:30 pm
Fitness Center Events/Promos
This month you can buy unlimited classes for the month if you are Silver Sneakers. We are running a Special in DECEMBER ONLY that you can buy unlimited classes for only $25. This price will change in January.
In January, there will be a new rate and fee price sheet. It is cleaner and isn't as confusing. Prices will not change, we are just adding unlimited classes for Silver Sneakers members.
Nicki Kennedy’s Tuesday morning spin class ( 5:30 am) has been cancelled until further notice.
Susan's Tuesday morning (9: 45 am ) Gentle Yoga class has been cancelled.
Meet the Instructors
Meet the Staff :
Kathy teaches Silver Sneakers Classic ( Monday 8:30am ) , Yoga ( Wednesday 10:20, and Thursday 10:35 am ) , Silver Sneakers Yoga (Monday 10:35 am) , Cardio/Strength ( Monday 11:15, Wednesday 11:15 am and Friday 11:00 am ), and Silver Sneakers Circuit ( Tuesday 10:40 am and Thursday 9:40 am ) .
Kathy has been an instructor for 7 years. She enjoys spending time with her husband, Jerry, teaching Ballroom dancing and gardening. She also likes to sew , decorate and fix up her home and church.
Her fitness motto is, " You are never to old to be physically fit, Listen to your body and do what is right for you today. "
What she wants members to know about her is that CCFC is a vital asset for our community. It is a great way to stay healthy, make friends and have fun. She cares a lot about the people in her classes and she is always learning new material to serve them better.
We are collecting non-perishable food items for the Food bank. You can drop those off here at the Fitness Center. Thank you!
We also are collecting toys for “Toys for Mott's". We have a box here at the Fitness Center where the toys can be placed. Thank you for your donation! Deadline is 12/13/19.
Kiwanis is selling their assorted cans of nuts here at the Fitness Center. A can is $20 and can be purchased at the Fitness Center desk. They make great gifts and are also great in chex mix.
Columbia Community Fitness Center Open House
Saturday, Dec. 28th, 10am-12pm
11775 Hewitt Road
We are adding a section this year to promote local businesses' that encourage health, fitness, and self-care. If you are interested in reserving a table please contact us at 517-592-3393. There is a $10 fee to set up a table.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Setting realistic goals.
As the New Year is approaching fast and you are looking into setting new personal and fitness goals, here are a few things to keep in mind when setting those goals.
· 1. Don't set your goals so high that it is going to be unattainable. You should be able to reach your goal in 3-5 months and have another goal in mind once you reach that first one. Kind of like stepping stones. You want to build your fitness slowly and listen to your body so you are less likely to get injured.
· 2. Set your goals so that you have enough time to set aside during the day. If you are a busy person, give yourself a certain amount of time every day to work towards your goal. Write it in your calendar or put a reminder on your phone. And remember they say that it only takes 21 days to get into a rhythm of things.
· 3. Once your goals are met or you are working hard towards them, reward yourself. Be kind to yourself when it comes to the changes. The rewards don't have to be big, it might be giving yourself 5 extra minutes of alone time to buying yourself a new pair of shoes.
· 4. Don't be afraid to tweak your goal. If life happens and you can't give your goal the time frame or the time restraint you wanted, don't be ashamed to adjust it accordingly.
Remember, this is your goal and you are the only one that can achieve it. So here's to a New Year and new goals!!!
Quote of the week:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 am -12pm and 2:30-8 pm
Friday: 5:30 am - 12 pm and 2:30-5 pm
Saturday: 8am - 12 pm
Fitness Director: Courtney Toteff