May 4, 2015
4-7 - 5&6 at Camp
5 - Pre-K field trip to Calder's | No Staff Meeting | School Advisory 6:45PM
6-7 - 7&8 at Mackinac Island
8 - No School 5-8 | Pre-K/K dress rehearsal at 9:30AM
11 - Walk-A-Thon | Learn 2 Earn Retirement Party at SMR
12 - Vision Screening Pre-K at 8:30AM
13 - Pre-K/K Play Performance 6PM
14 - Learn 2 Earn
15 - P4P Jean Day | Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
20 - K-4 to zoo
21 - 8th Grade last mass | 7/8 Fun Night | 8th Grade Picnic
22-25 No School (Memorial Day)
26 - Pre-K Picnic
27 - 8th Grade last day of school
28 - 8th Grade Graduation 7PM Plan to be in attendance - let's support our students!
29 - End of 4th Quarter
1 - Field Day
2 - Awards Night Grades 4-8 6:30PM in Church
4 - K-3 Awards at 11:30AM | Last Day of School | Noon dismissal
Please check out these two VERY quick videos on some effective teaching strategies:
August 4th Teacher Inservice at AoD
At the Principal’s meeting in March you received preliminary topics/strands that will be covered at the August 4th In-service. Attached you will find an updated document that lists the names of the presenters along with their topic and how many breakout sessions they will be presenting. We are currently building the Event Bright registration.
· As mentioned in March, ALL registration will take place through the EVENT BRIGHT link. Each person attending will be asked to register by name, email, breakout sessions. Principals will not be able to register as a group; each person must register individually. This will allow us to make sure we do not go over the room capacity in the breakout sessions.
· Payment can be made online through the Event Bright link or received at the door.
· I am waiting for the final approval but I believe we will offering SCECH’s for the whole day.
· A certificate of attendance will be provided for those not needing/wanting SCECH’s.
· Registration(picking up your participant packet of information on site and/or payment for the event) will begin promptly at 8:00 AM and run till 8:30 AM. Registration may occur at the door but we cannot guarantee there will be room in the breakout sessions. We strongly encourage you to register online.
· Welcome ceremony begins at 8:30 AM. The conference will conclude at 4:00 PM.
· Event Bright Registration should be active mid-May; you will receive an email from me when the link is ready.
If you are planning on attending this event, please forward the attached document to your staff so they may selecting their sessions.