EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #18
January 4, 2016
Happy New Year & welcome back! I trust your holidays were enjoyable & that you are ready to hit the ground running today! I hope you were able to relax, recharge, & rejuvenate over the break & that you’re excited about the new year as we approach the beginning of the second semester. I don’t know about YOU, but I was ready & excited to come back & get to see our kids this morning! 2016 is going to be an AWESOME year!
Important Information this week!
- We are excited to welcome Becky Jackson back to our campus today! Becky will serve as Bethany’s long-term sub in first grade while Bethany is out on maternity leave. We’re glad you’re here Becky!
- Our team leaders will meet on Wednesday – please let me know if you have anything you need me to add to the agenda.
- Please remember R-Time should be happening on Thursday mornings after announcements in grades 2-5.
- It’s very important that common assessments are entered when they are supposed to be – please help us stay on top of that! If the Scanner isn’t working please inform me, so I can let Colleen know of the problem.
- Make sure you have turned in what you’ll be teaching for Clubs to Drew, so he can get them sorted as Clubs will begin again in a few weeks.
- We’re planning on taking another group to visit Lee Elementary in Coppell next Thursday to visit their new school & see the amazing things they are doing.
- Our ICLE consultant, Alissa Brady, will be with us next Tuesday when we will partner with Lake Pointe again for a day of training & Instructional Rounds. I believe we will be here at EME Tuesday morning & at Lake Pointe in the afternoon. This is for team leaders & design team members.
- We have an exciting afternoon of professional development planned for you next Friday. We will have Deli-Moussavi Bock with us that afternoon to talk to us about FIERCE & Authentic conversations. I think you will really enjoy this training as it’s fresh, it’s new, it’s relevant, & it’s the best training I’ve ever had on having crucial conversations.
- Be thinking about tutoring & how you want to proceed with providing additional support & assistance for our at-risk students as we work the next few months to make sure our learners are prepared for STAAR. We have a little money we can use for tutoring to provide extra help for those who need it. We need to make sure we are maximizing instructional time & working diligently to close the gaps that our common assessments show. I know you are on top of this!
- This reminder that January is School Board Appreciation Week & Liz Hatley is representing us. We’re asking for banners, posters, cards, etc. to be prepared by your students to express our appreciation for Liz & our school board which will be shared with all board members at the January board meeting.
- Your Mini-Rise presentations begin in a little over two weeks, & Kelli & I are both looking forward to this time with you. We’re hoping the initial stress you felt over this has subsided. If you have questions about what we’re looking for, don’t hesitate to let us know. We know each grade level will do a tremendous job conveying what you are doing for kids & that’s the bottom line!
TOP TEN "FIRST IN MATH" AT EME
WORDS OF THE WEEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOCAB IS IN THIS SMORE
8th WEEK - Prepare for Mini-Rise Presentations
9th WEEK - Prepare for Mini-Rise Presentations
Jan 20th - 4th grade
Jan 22nd - 3rd grade
Jan 27th - 1st grade
Jan 28th - kinder
Jan 29th - 5th grade
Feb 3rd - 2nd grade
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – PTA board meeting – 8:45, PLC’s meet, Happy Birthday to Beth Carpenter!
Tuesday – PDAS evaluations continue
Wednesday –Team Leader meeting – 3PM
Thursday – Bryan out today for Principal’s meeting
Friday – Kindergarten Sleepover
- Kudos to Teresa Gaskie & her staff for kicking out the lunches on party day so efficiently which took extra organizing on their part. We continue to be blessed by our amazing cafeteria staff!
- Hats off to Amy Longspaugh & our PTA for the 12 Days of Christmas treats they provided for our teachers before the break & for securing coverage for teachers which enabled them to enjoy a lunch off campus. Our PTA is simply THE BEST & we are grateful for the many many MANY ways they support us! We are so lucky to have the support & partnership with our PTA that we do!