What is Retroreflector and what is it used for?
Who invented the device and when was it invented?
- Larger bandwidth
- Low probability of intercept
- Immunity from interference or jamming
- Frequency spectrum allocation issue relief
- Smaller, lighter, lower power
- power use
- modulation range
- retroreflection divergence
This diagram shows how light travels through a glass bead. In both diagrams, incident
When light hits the retroreflector, it comes back the same way it came. This doesn't really depend on what angle the light is incident on the material
What kind of retroreflectors are there?
Kirmayer, A., & Lingo, A. (n.d.). What is retroreflector? Retrieved March 12, 2015, from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-retroreflector.htm
Lunar Retroreflectors. (n.d.). Retrieved March 12, 2015, from http://physics.ucsd.edu/~tmurphy/apollo/lrrr.html