We Are Together Tamanend!
February 10, 2014
February's Boomerang Asset from C B Cares
February's Boomerang Asset is Caring: Young person cares about others. A high value is placed on helping other people. S/he things about ways of helping others and is motivated to initiate kind and thoughtful acts.
Please take a moment to complete the online nomination form for a Tamanend student who demonstrates Caring. Nominations are due February 21.
Reminder: Students Should Arrive to School After 7:10 and Before 7:30 AM
CBSD Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Benefit Concert
Wednesday, Feb. 12th, 7:30pm
375 W Court St
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is one of the nation’s leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 BC/EFA has raised more than $250 million for essential services for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses across the United States.
The Drama Clubs of each of our secondary schools will share a snippet of their schools' spring musical. Tamanend Players will be featuring Thoroughly Modern Millie! All are welcome to attend. There is a $5 donation per person at the door.
Tamanend Middle School Parent Council
Thursday, Feb. 20th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School.
Scarves for KAD
Handmade and one of a kind Infinity Scarves are on sale this year for $10.00 in the Guidance Office and on KAD Day, February 22. Mrs. Furfari, our Family & Consumer Science Teacher, is making these scarves with students as a service learning project.
Salad Bar Starting Wednesday
Our salad bar is opening this coming Wednesday, February 12th. The salad bar is a $3.30 Premium Meal Deal and will feature items such as spring mix, a variety of beans, hard boiled eggs, carrots, cucumbers, grilled and breaded chicken, and much more! All meals come with a choice of fruit, milk, juice and a roll.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Tamanend so that your shopping benefites TMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
- Click here for up-to-date calendar information about both the 2013-14 and the 2014-15 school years.
- KAD T-shirts are on sale in the Guidance Office for $12.00, or two for $20.
- There is a Parent Portal app for your smartphone. Click here for more information.
- Click here to view previous Tamanend Connections from 2013-2014.
- For information about Tamanend's 2013-2014 Yearbook, click here.
- We frequently conduct safety drills here at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.