Dutch Fork Elementary
Academy of Environmental Sciences - Week of May 16 -
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of noticing and questioning.
- We believe in learning from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary and secondary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe learning should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES 2015-2016 Academic Goals
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year 65% of 2nd-5th graders will have met or exceeded their spring reading MAP growth target.
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year homeroom teachers will have received a minimum of 10 hours of environmental sciences professional development to build teacher capacity and to support magnet theme integration.
Shout Out to...
- S. Beckman for her leadership in overseeing SCPASS last week.
- D. Cox planning and organizing multiple grade level musicals within the past two weeks.
- C. Prichard and A. Newman for ensuring quick turnaround for having the Xerox machine repaired (this would have been a disaster given the time of year)
- Perkins, Sommers, Gantt, Umberger, Sazehn, Pittman, McCall for chaperoning 60 recycling reps to attend Richland Recycles Day.
- B. Blackwell and A. White for leading our school's efforts supporting the D5 Dance Marathon.
End of Year Check Out Packets
As we prepare to close out the year check out packets are given to both certified and support staff members. The packets include a checklist of items to be completed before we break for the summer. The packets will be placed in your boxes tomorrow. Please notify us should you have any questions.
4K Tag of Honor Ceremony
Monday, May 16th, 8:15-9:15am
DFES Mini Theatre
Leadership Team Meetings
Tuesday, May 17th, 3:15-4:15pm
DFES Magnet School Marketing Video
Wednesday, May 18th, 9am-2:15pm
7900 Broad River Road
The folks from IMIGpro will be on site Wednesday to capture footage for a new marketing video. We have selected students that will be interviewed. If there is anything that you want us to see in your respective classrooms please notify us. The staff from IMIGPRO will film and shoot from various places in the building.
Once the day is complete the crew will and send us a draft of the video for proofing. The final video should be complete by June (ish). Once done we will share with you all and place on our website.
Learning Celebration led by N. Jefferson's students
Thursday, May 19th, 1:30-2pm
I've had the good fortune of previewing this week's learning celebration. N. Jefferson's students will share their growth and insights as readers. These readers will inspire those in attendance.
Field Day 2016
Friday, May 20th, 8:15am
Special thanks to Coach Geurkink and Coach Russell for planning and organizing this long awaited day for many of our students. Looking forward to a good time.