Olympic Hills Family Newsletter
We have had a wonderful week with our students in preschool and the Focus program back on campus! Next week is Otter Bridge, and we are excited to welcome K-5 Otters back on Monday, April 5th. We are also excited to start our new schedules and smaller classes for students who are continuing remote learning.
Where do I find my child's schedule?
- Your child's teacher will reach out to you by tomorrow with their schedule for next week. Most students will stay with their current teacher.
- In-person students: 8:00-10:45 in person with teacher. 11:45-2:30 remote with specialists and independent work time.
- Remote students: 8:00-10:45 remote with specialists and independent work time. 11:45-2:30 remote synchronous learning with teacher.
Do you have an update on transportation?
I am very sorry to share there will not be transportation for general education students next week. We are still hopeful for sometime after spring break and will keep families updated.
Where do I find information about procedures for returning to school?
- Click here to view the presentation slides from the family orientation! There is important information regarding arrival, dismissal, meals, and more! We are uploading the recordings and will share with families tomorrow.
- Click here to watch the Welcome Back Video for students with your children.
4/5 Otter Bridge - Return to In-Person Learning for Kindergarten - 5th grade
4/11 Memory book photos are due - email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
4/12-4/16 Spring Break
4/20 PTA Family Night and Volunteer Appreciation Day
Multicultural Cookbook Project! Recipes due 4/23
The ELL Department is excited to announce the Olympic Hills Multicultural Cookbook project! We look forward to receiving recipes from all of you!
- Recipe templates are linked here: Somali, Vietnamese, Spanish, Tigrinya, Arabic, English
- You can text or email recipes to Mr. Alberto – include photos if you’d like. email@example.com (512)-557-7052
- Please feel free to just take a photo of your recipe as it is in your cookbook and send it that way if you’d like. (Please include your name.) Recipes in home languages are welcome!
- Paper copies of the template will be sent home at the Beep and Greet on March 31st. These can be returned to school if you’d like to send in that way. Or you can take a photo of it and text to Mr. Alberto.
- We have additional recipe templates at the main office
- We are so excited to be able to give every family a copy of the Olympic Hills Multicultural Cookbook after it is published.
Nathan Hale Resources
Technology Resource Center at Nathan Hale: Mondays and Wednesdays 11:00am to 6:00pm, lunch from 1:30 to 2:30pm. Still first come, first served. No appointments can be made.
Family Works at Nathan Hale: Wednesdays 12:45pm-3:00pm. An organization called FamilyWorks is providing Family Support Services to help families navigate various services and resources. They will be staffed with individuals who speak Somali, Spanish and English.
Medical Clinic at Nathan Hale: This year, the clinic is open to students of all ages who attend Seattle Public Schools. The nurse practitioners there can see students who need a physical, vaccines, a medication refill, or to complete medical forms required for school, among many other primary care needs. Services are free regardless of insurance or ability to pay. Call (206) 302-1840 to schedule an appointment.
Olympic Hills Elementary School
School Office Hours and Contact Information: