3rd Grade Newsletter
Monday, August 16- Friday, August 27, 2021
Congrats on a GREAT First Week!
Beginning Monday, August 16th, you will have 3 live classes per day Monday-Thursday: Morning Meeting, ELA class, and Math class. Be sure to check your OLS for your Class Connect schedule. Your teachers are looking forward to seeing you everyday and watching you grow this year!
As a learning coach, you play an important role in your student's education. Take some time to read through what your job as a Learning Coach entails.
If you would like to be featured in a future newsletter for our Student Spotlight, please complete this form. You will need to be logged into a Google account if you are not already. (Directions to make a Google account can be found here.) Be sure to complete the media release form below if you have not done so already!
Announcements & Upcoming Dates
NWEA MAP Growth Screener- Starts August 23rd
MAP Growth is a computer adaptive test created by NWEA that kids take three times per school year in live class connects. The results provide teachers with information to help them deliver appropriate content for each student and determine each student’s academic growth over time.
Teachers can use the score to inform instruction, personalize learning, and monitor the growth of individual students. Principals and administrators can use the scores to see the performance and progress of a grade level, school, or the entire district.
Before we take the screener in class, you can take a practice test using the link below. The username and password are grow.
Media Release Form
OVCA is focused on providing a safe virtual learning environment. With this in mind, we ask that a legal guardian complete the below survey for each student enrolled with OVCA. The media release form includes two sections: Photograph, Testimonial and Interview Release, and Face to Face Platform (webcam) Usage School-Guardian-Student Compact. You will be given the choice to accept or decline each opportunity.
Together we can help students reach their full potential through personalized learning this year! Thank you for taking the time to complete this form.
NewRow Support for Families
If you need assistance with Class Connect sessions, powered by Newrow you can contact the Newrow Support Line at (877) 847-1169. Representatives are available to answer questions and troubleshoot any issues that students may have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
As always, if you are experiencing an issue with the Online School or any K12 application, you can contact K12 Customer Support at (866) 512-2273 or visit Help.K12.com
Important Upcoming Dates
- August 23: NWEA Begins in Live Classes
- September 6: No School-Labor Day
In Unit 1 of math, we will be working on Number Sense, Comparing & Ordering Numbers, as well as Rounding Numbers. Our focus will be on understanding the value of numbers and being able to read, write, and understand numbers in different forms. Be sure that your student is completing the Activity Book pages with every lesson to get the practice to master the skills.
Helpful Math Links:
In order to complete the lesson, students need to click the "Open MindPlay" link inside the course and actively work for 30 minutes in MindPlay before marking the lesson complete in the OLS.
Mr. Thomas & Mrs. Ratzloff's Corner
If your child has a disability, special education can help your child learn, develop social skills, and enjoy school again.
Special Education Information:
- You will work as part of a team along with others from the school to develop an Individualized Education Program or IEP.
- The IEP is developed by the IEP team at a meeting. An IEP is good for one year. It can be changed anytime during the year in another IEP team meeting.
- The IEP team has a very important job. You will want to attend the meetings to be part of all the decisions about your child.
- You know your child best. The IEP team needs you!
7 Mindsets Corner
Tips & Tricks for a Successful School Year
- Class connect attendance is extremely important in addition to completing online coursework. Please prioritize attending class, including Morning Meeting, every day and email all teachers if you know you are going to be absent. Communicate with your homeroom teacher about any scheduling conflicts.
- Create a family schedule to stay on track with all students' class connects.
- Come to class prepared. Be sure to eat, use the restroom, do chores, etc. before or after class connects. Log in to class a few minutes early with your materials to be ready to start on time.
- All assignments require 80% mastery in order to be marked complete. Click here to watch a video showing how to retake an assessment. If you run out of attempts, contact your homeroom teacher.
- Watch recordings of any missed class connects. Click here to see how to access recordings.
- Clear out browser cache, cookies, and history daily to ensure that your computer runs smoothly with Newrow. Click here for instructions. Shut down your computer each night.
You can find current and past newsletters as well as district information on this site.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.
Teacher Contact Information
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3256
Text: (405) 358-7010
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3091
Text: (405) 309-7671
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. email@example.com
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3302
Special Education Teacher
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 2168
Text: (918) 550-4517
Special Education Teacher