Kutz Cougar Courier Times
KUTZ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S NEWSLETTER
October 9, 2020
Please make sure your child exits and enters the car from the passenger side. The Kutz staff can help a child enter or exit a car as needed. It is imperative that the adults in the car remain in the car to expedite the car line procedures. Thank you!
These are the dates each class will need the art supplies by:
- Tuesday, October 13- First day of art for Mrs. Eckenrode, Mr. Peterson, Mrs. Townsend, Mrs. Corcoran, Mrs. Sheridan, Mrs. C. Carroll, and Ms. Cunningham
- Monday, October 26- First day of art for Mrs. Kallelis, Mrs. Engel, Mrs. Zakuto, Mrs. Lere, Mrs. Jeffers, Mr. Geist, and Mrs. K. Carroll,
- Friday, November 6- First day of art for Mrs. Fuhrmeister, Mrs. Matthews, Ms. MacNeill, and Mrs. Abato
VIRTUAL STUDENTS MATERIAL DISTRIBUTION DAY
Our virtual teachers will need to distribute materials on an ongoing basis to support instruction. To simplify the process, especially for families with children in multiple grade-levels, we have developed a schedule that will allow materials to be picked up for all grade-levels on specified dates. Attached is the schedule. Buildings will communicate what the specific pick-up procedures and times will be for their students. In some instances, a grade-level may already have sufficient materials distributed for instructional purposes and may skip a distribution date. Your child’s/children’s teacher/s will communicate if you do not need to pick-up materials on one of the scheduled dates. Below is our plan for Kutz Elementary virtual students.
On Wednesday, October 14th we will be holding our next virtual student material distribution day at Kutz. Our distribution will be held from 8 AM to 4:30 PM in the main office. (You may want to avoid 8:30-8:50 AM since that is our arrival window and 2:00 to 2:50 PM since that is when the car line seems to start forming for dismissal.) You can either ring the bell or you can call the school at 267-893-3900 to let them know you are here and someone will bring the materials out to you. If you are unable to pick up materials on this day and time, you may call the main office at 267-893-3900 to schedule a time to pick up the items in the main office after the 14th. Below is what each class will be picking up:
- Kindergarten- Mrs. Kraenbring- no materials at this time
- First Grade- Ms. Gallaway- materials are being prepared for pick up on 10/14
- Second Grade- Mrs. Smith- no materials at this time
- Third Grade- Ms. Schley- materials and device bags are being prepared for pick up on 10/14
- Fourth Grade- Ms. Cohen- device bags are being prepared for pick up on 10/14
- Fifth Grade- Ms. Moriarty- materials can be picked up between 10/5 and 10/14
- Sixth Grade- Mr. Waldron- materials are being prepared for pick up on 10/14
Thank you for your constant support!
Students are to bring their fully charged laptop or iPad to and from school each day. Please make sure that students are charging their devices at night in order to bring to school the next day. Students who did not receive a device bag will receive one in the coming weeks.
Some families have been asking about purchasing additional items such as pens, pen tips, chargers, and bags. These items are available through My Payments Plus. You are welcome to purchase the item, print the receipt and then, complete a Help Desk Ticket to arrange a pick up time at school.
Click here for more information about this process: Technology Accessories.
Kutz Photo Gallery
Counselor's Corner - October Edition
Children are expected to attend all elements of the school day in whatever mode you selected, unless they have an excused absence (i.e. illness, appointment). It is important to understand that attendance is mandatory for all students per the compulsory attendance laws of Pennsylvania. Attendance will be taken each school day. Students that are not in class or not logged on at the start of class will be marked absent or tardy if they arrive late to their physical or virtual class.
If your child will not be able to attend school, in person or virtually, or needs to miss part of the day for an appointment, parents need to email email@example.com. Email is strongly preferred but if you are unable to email the school, please call the school attendance line at 267-893-3900.
News from the Nurse
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.
I want to remind everyone that flu season is just around the corner. I am asking that families consider getting a flu vaccine. We want to keep everyone as healthy as possible this year. Some of the symptoms for flu and COVID are the same and we do not want anyone to have to take extra steps in order to return to in person instruction. Children are typically out of school for a week with the flu. Please ask your doctor if you have concerns about getting the vaccine. Putting a reminder on your phone or calendar is a good way to remember to prioritize your health.
We are hearing from some parents that their children have seasonal allergy symptoms. In an effort to keep from having symptoms on the COVID Daily Checklist, please consider keeping their allergies under control by giving daily allergy medication. If you have concerns about this please consult your child's pediatrician about other options.
Please refer to the COVID - 19 Allergies vs. Flu Spreadsheet below.
Jennifer L. Donovan RN, BSN, CSN Certified School Nurse
Titus Elementary (T,W,F) Phone (267) 893-4515 Fax (267) 893-5814
Kutz Elementary (M,Th) Phone (267) 893-3915 Fax (267) 893-5810
Yoga and Exercise Videos
STUDENT EMERGENCY AND INFORMATION FORM
Each year, the Central Bucks School District asks our families to fill out a Student Emergency & Information Form. The online form will ask you to confirm and/or update the following:
- Demographic Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information, including permission for emergency care and analgesic administration
- Media Release Preferences
Click here to be directed to your Parent Portal account to complete the form. Thank you for taking the time to update this important information
District Health and Safety Plan
Daily School Hours
Elementary School B (Kutz)
- Grades 1-6: 8:50 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 8:50 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:10 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
DAILY SCHEDULE – ONLINE-ONLY
The daily schedule for ALL CBSD elementary schools (A/B/C schools) will be as follows. This schedule is in effect only for those students enrolled in the online-only program model. (This schedule is similar to the “Virtual Learning Schedules” distributed to families on Friday, September 11.)
- Grades 1-6: 9 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Student Directory 2019-2020
Kutz Student/Parent Handbook
Below is the Kutz Parent and Student Handbook. This handbook provides a comprehensive summary of school and district policies and programs for students and their families. We hope you will find this to be a valuable resource.
*We are in the process of updating the handbook for the 2020-2021 school year. This will be shared soon.
"Free" Money for KUTZ !!!
At no extra cost to you, you can help us raise money while you shop!
Please take a few minutes to review the below options and sign up, so Kutz will get the maximum benefit from each company's donations! Ask your neighbors and family members to sign up too!
How Can I Contribute?
Shop with Amazon Smile!
Turn your Amazon purchases into donations to Kutz by using Amazon Smile! Amzon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Kutz!
Shop at GIANT
The more you shop the more money Kutz makes. Please follow the directions attached to register your GIANT card and start benefitting Kutz TODAY!