Team Update, May 13th
We are one team, with one mission, to be our best together!
Celebrations and "family/team" updates!!!!
- Join me in wishing happy birthday on Monday (the 16th) to Brooke Cheek and Karen Fite, on Tuesday (the 17th) to Jon Bailey, on Wednesday (the 18th) to Julie Vossler, and on Thursday (the 19th) to Lashawn McClain. And... please join me in wishing an "early" happy birthday to Stacey Harrison, Alissa Jourdan, Whitney Shaffer, and Heather Bricker. They are our July birthdays.
- Today is our last birthday luncheon. Please make plans to join us!
- Last reminder... The social committee will be hosting a celebration of retirements of Bob Kendall and Ruth Davies in an Open House on May 17th after school at 3:30-4:30. Please plan to attend if possible.
- OH's retiree breakfast will be on the morning of May 27th. Everyone is invited.
Items in bold print are new to announcements.
- Staff, please let me know "dates" for events for the 2016-2017 school year if you want to suggest dates; otherwise, I will pick out corresponding dates. Thanks.
- I need the data summary for the EOY 6+1 writing prompts by Monday, 5/16 if possible.
- Classroom teachers, I also need your students' success on the grade level math goals. Please get me those results by the end of next week, 5/18th. Thanks.
- I have a teacher asking if our "bee" theme can be more general like "insects". Please let me know asap if you have a concern about that. I personally think it still works since bees would fall into the insect category. However, we would need some help with a beginning of the year "theme/statement"... Suggestions appreciated! Here is a first attempt.. "Don't be a cockroach, crawl on back to school!"
- Construction plan... all teachers in the 1st and 2nd grade hall (classrooms and special areas) need packed up for the summer by the end of the day on May 30th. The 1st grade hall/preschool and speech need to empty and pack up your sink cabinet and then all items in the room need to be able to moved out of the room with nothing on walls. Book shelves are fine to be left loaded if you feel they can be moved safely. (If you aren't sure, ask Bob for his opinion.) Book shelves on the window wall are not being replaced but are having new tops put on them. Those bookshelves do not need emptied but can't have things stored on top. (Lindy, this does not include you other than your sink cabinet being emptied and your walls not having anything on them.) The second grade hall and computer/title one/library/music/art need to empty all cabinets that are permanent (70s style) and then all items in the room need to be able to moved out of the room with nothing on walls. Kdg. will just need to do your usual wrap up for the end of the year for typical cleaning. Everyone, please plan to be finished by May 30th to avoid the construction in the building. If you need in the building, please email myself or Bob during the summer to save yourself a trip over to find out you can't access your room or the copy machines. I will email updates when rooms are accessible. For now, just plan to stay away and enjoy your summer this year! See Bob for boxes if needed. Lastly, the first and second grade halls need everything taken down by May 23rd unless it is on your bulletin board as the painters may begin painting the hallways in the evenings that week. Thanks so very much for all the patience and help with preparing for the renovations!
- The cabinets in the second grade hall are up for grabs if anyone wants them. They are FREE!!! We would love to recycle them. Let Bob know which you might want and we will remove them carefully and let you know when you can pick them up.
- Teachers and any staff here at 2:55 on the last day, let's plan to join together again outside after Michelle calls for car riders in order to all wave to the students as the buses and walkers leave. Please stand on the sidewalk between the second grade and library sidewalks so we are out of the way of the parents coming in. We can then line the two sidewalks where students exit by the library and front entrance. Thanks for joining us to bid a fond farewell to our darlings for the summer!
- Also, remember we are hosting the Jeans for Troops on the last student day in honor of the GI Go Fund. Any donation will be accepted by Katie if you would like to wear jeans that day.
- Teachers, please make sure to denote your progress on your goals for this year in Standard for Success by the end of next week, 5/18.
- I was inspired last week to not just survive the end of the year but to THRIVE... Let's all strive to thrive for the last two weeks!
- May Lounge Clean up Crew: 2nd grade
Click on 9 minute video below... Riverside School in India focuses on what it called life’s most valuable lesson: “I can.” In a school culture where many students assume a “do only what the teacher tells me to do” mentality, this can help liberate them to think for themselves.