La Perouse PS Newsletter
A school for all - Happy, Smart and Proud
Week 1, Term 4, 2019
Welcome back to Term 4,
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank staff and community for coming together to support one another whilst I was unexpectedly on leave for the last week of Term 3. Thanks so much for all the efforts to setup and run the Teddy Bear's picnic and to organise the end of term mufti and fun day as well as navigating the day to day happenings in my absence. Your support allowed me to spend time with my family at a very difficult time.
It is hard to believe that we are 3 quarters of the way through the school year and with a busy term ahead, I have a feeling this term will fly by also.
September was grant season for schools and due to the support of our community we were able to make submissions for the following grants.
P&C completed the Community Building Partnership Grant for a sensory garden.
NSW Fair Education Program ($70K over 3 years), community engagement project
SUEZ Grant for Solar ($15K), installation of a 39kW solar power system.
EOI for Stronger Communities ($12K), local acknowledgment and school values signage, flag pole repair and 3rd flagpole installation, outdoor furniture .
NSW Health – Healthy Lifestyle Grants ($5K), online use and screen time workshops.
Local School Community Fund – Solar ($20K), installation of a 39kW solar power system.
Hopefully we will be successful in some or all of our submissions.
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL)
Each term we have a special assembly where we present Bronze, Silver and Gold awards for the achievement of Dojo points for following our school rules (being a learner, being responsible and being respectful). Since our last newsletter the following students have earned their Silver Award. Congratulations Manaia, Mercedes, Nevaeh, Malachi, Thomas, Troy, Peter and Isla.
At our term 4 Presentation Night. We will award PBL badges and trophies for those students who have reached these levels. Ask your child today how they are going.
We have been working hard to begin some extra curricula activities this term as well as have a range of sporting opportunities.
- Cricket Australia will be delivering a 4 week K-2 cricket program, starting next Monday the 21st.
- NSW AFL are coming to deliver workshops for all students on Thursday the 24th.
- Swim Scheme is being finalised and details will be communicated soon.
- DZP are running a lunchtime dance group on Wednesdays.
- Lunch time choir will also be on offer for interested students.
- A Guitar group is also being established, we hope to have at least some 'taster' sessions before the end of year, with this being offered in 2020 as an after school program
There are also a number of community events, which we would love you to join us for:
- Grandparents Day - Thursday 24th October
- Halloween Disco - Friday 1st November
- Year 6 Farewell - Thursday 6th December
- Presentation Day - Friday 13th December
- Christmas BBQ - Monday 16th December
- School Picnic - Tuesday 17th December
Details of these events will be published on School Stream and Facebook as well as a note being sent home.
Other events for your calendar:
Spaghetti Bolognaise Day (Stage 3 Fundraiser) - Tuesday 22nd @1pm
PSSA League Tag - 10-12 from 25/10-15/12, Semis 22/11 and Finals 29/11
Assemblies - 2.15-3pm on 25/10 (Girrawaa), 15/11 (Gadu), and 13/12 (Burri Burri)
Koori Art Expressions Launch - Monday 11th November
P&C Meetings - 6pm Tuesday the 5/11 and 3/12.
Lisa Haller | Principal