LRMS: Week at a Glance
May 9 - 13, 2016
Sayings from Skinner
Speaking of celebration, we have a lot of fun events coming --- Honors Ceremonies, the annual Music Banquet, Field Day, the 8th grade/Gear Up Dance, and the final Palooza!! Students and Parents must be continually reminded that they MUST be passing to attend the final three events (and if they have bought a ticket for the dance, there are NO REFUNDS if they are not passing!).
Please let me know how the administration and I can support you in these final days -- it has been a whirlwind year as we have worked together to "renorm" Radloff and help all of our students recognize and embrace the "Radloff Way" -- and we have made GREAT in-roads with a number of them --- for the hold-outs, we have 13 days to accomplish the feat -- and if any group can do that, it is our faculty, our Radloff Family!! Y'all are simply miracle workers -- and please know how much I appreciate all you do to "raise the bar" and give our kids hope for achieving the potential that lies within each of them. Have a fantastic week!!!
Happenings for the Week
Read Here and Be IN THE KNOW!!!
- All week is EOC Testing -- keep the hallways quiet, please!
- Tuesday, May 10 -- 5:30 p.m. Future Gear Up for Graduation Parent/Student Meeting
- Tuesday, May 10 -- 6:30 p.m. Incoming STeAM Academy Parent/Student Meeting
- Wednesday, May 11 -- 8:15 -- School-wide Tutoring -- be in your rooms to help kids!
- Friday, May 13 -- Fire Drill
- Friday, May 13 -- Grade Level Meetings (VERY important year-end info. -- be on time -- ALL in SD room on Friday!)
2) Need Tech Assistance -- put in a ticket!!!!
3) Consider Signing up for the Teaching and Learning Conference (TLC) on June 16 & 17 - -this is an awesome GCPS-sponsored conference that gives you real, applicable, content-connected tools and learning that you can easily implement!!
On June 16-17, K-12 teachers of all content areas will participate in the second annual GCPS Teaching and Learning Conference (TLC). Last year, we hosted more than 900 teachers at the J. Alvin Wilbanks Instructional Support Center for the conference. This year, we expect more than 1,000 teachers to attend! The conference will be held from 8 AM - 4 PM on both days. Teachers will be able to choose the sessions that best meet their needs. Conference strands include:
- Instructional Transformation/Differentiated Instruction
- Academic Knowledge and Skills
- Instructional Leadership
- Formative Assessment
- Special Education
Registration for TLC will be open via the Portal under Tools\2016 Teaching and Learning Conference. Sessions for the conference will be selected on site.
Teaching and Learning Pre-Conference Sessions
Pre-conference sessions (June 13-15, 2016) will cover specialized instruction and will be available at various locations throughout the district for some curriculum areas. Sessions can be found in PD&E by selecting
- Calendar (located on tool bar at top of screen next to home icon)
- Select "full calendar"
- Change calendar to June view
- Use scroll bar on right of each date to view courses available
- Select course to view and register
4) The SAI Survey for ALL certified staff members (do it NOW -- doesn't take long -- important info. for what we do with Staff Development next year)
Follow the steps listed below:
- 1. Visit http://www.sai-learningforward.org.
- 2. Click the Register option on the welcome screen. Enter your user name (email address) and choose a password you can remember (must be entered twice in order to confirm). It is a good idea to record your user name and password if you wish to return to the SAI at a later time.
- 3. Click on Continue to SAI to complete the SAI Survey.
- 4. If you are unable to complete the SAI in one session, you may click Save at any time and return to the SAI at a later date. Return to SAI by entering http://www.sai-learningforward.org. Enter your email address or user name and password. You will not need your token to log in again.
- 5. Enter your school-specific survey token for:
Louise Radloff Middle School
5) Consider adding ESOL to your certificate this summer!!
We are rapidly growing in our ESOL population -- we need more content teachers certified in ESOL -- please consider taking the GACE while you are home this summer or early in the fall! If interested/willing, please let Sarah Skinner know!!!
6)New Staff Member to Welcome for 2016-17:
We will have a new Assistant Principal joining the Radloff team next year: Ms. Beverly Boucaud -- she will be working with the Language Arts and ESOL departments -- she will be visiting our school some over the next week -- and then, everyone will get to meet her at the Faculty Meeting on May 20. She is currently serving in GCPS as an AP at Shiloh MS. Here is a little bit about her:
"My name is Beverley Boucaud, and I was born and raised in Montreal, Canada. I graduated from Concordia University (BS- Political Science and French - Montreal), Clark Atlanta University (Masters-MS Education - Atlanta), Mercer University (Leadership - Atlanta). I have been in the field of education for twenty years. I have had the opportunity to travel the world and participate in staff development opportunities in New York, Spain, England and Atlanta, all to learn about education from a national and international perspective. This experience has prepared me to work for a system of world-class schools where students come first. I am a believer that our students can acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful as they continue their education at the postsecondary level and/or enter the workforce. As an educational leader, I firmly believe that effective communication, problem-solving skills and the integration of technology are essential to prepare our learners to succeed in the 21st Century. To achieve this, I am passionate about the vision and mission of Gwinnett County Public Schools and of our principal, Dr. Skinner."
6) Keep checking the School Calendar Link (stay up to date):