Eagle's Nest 🦅
Scenic Park (Week of April 25th)
This week: 4/26-4/30
- 4/26-4/30: First round of Elem Ed Summer Learning Program is complete. Info below.
- 4/26-4/30: FastBridge Spring Benchmark window (K-2)
- Mon, April 26th - Online Registration for next year opens for returning students.
- Mon, April 26th - Kindergarten Roundup (6pm-7pm)
- Fri, April 30th- Eagle Pride Spirit Day
Next week: 5/3-5/7
- 5/3-5/7: Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/3-5/7: FastBridge Spring Benchmark window (K-2)
- 5/3-5/7: iReady Spring Diagnostic window (K-5)
- Monday, 5/3: All ASD Chromebook and power cords are due back to school. More info below.
Enrollment at Scenic Park has declined during the pandemic. It is in the spring that we begin to plan for fall. Online registration for the 2021-22 school year will open for returning students on April 26th. New to District students can register online starting July 1st. It is important that our Scenic Park families register early to provide ASD leaders a clear picture of our enrollment.
Please make sure to register your child early, as enrollment drives our staffing allocation. If you need your Parent Connect information, please call the office for assistance at 742-1650.
2021 Spring Jog-A-Thon
VOLUNTEERS to count laps are requested to sign-up here. We understand that this is an exciting time to watch your kids. However, due to COVID-19 safety cautions, we ask that you please do not come to watch this year, unless you are volunteering.
* Repeat* Elem Ed Summer Learning Programs
- Students must qualify for Elem Ed Summer Learning Programs "Summer School".
- We have reviewed student data, collaborated, and created a list of students that qualify.
- At this point every school has 5-10 spots per grade level.
- Over the last two weeks, teachers started contacting families of those students who qualify and assisting them in the application process.
- Now that the first round of contacts and applications have been submitted, we will start moving down our waitlist.
- Depending on staffing of the summer program and the initial applications we might be allowed to refer more students.
- Week of April 26th: With all applications submitted, Elem Ed staff will review, sort, and group.
- Week of May 10th: Students and families will receive notification of site specific information such as location, times, and teachers.
- Have questions: reach out to your teacher or the front office.
- For more information regarding regarding summer school, click HERE.
- Video: Airplane Arms Episode 15 - Elem Ed Summer Learning Programs
* Repeat * ASD Virtual Summer School Program
ASD Virtual will be providing a summer school option using Exact Path for all virtual students plus small group instruction for identified students.
Virtual teachers will support continued learning in Exact Path, have scheduled office hours, and flexible availability for family support. Suite 360 and project-based lessons will be provided throughout the week to engage student learning.
Small-group instruction for identified students will be provided up to three times per week, focusing on phonics, reading fluency, math computation, and concepts.
Questions: Please contact your ASD Virtual Teacher
* Repeat* Heads up: TURNING IN CHROMEBOOKS
Elementary students attending in-person instruction and who have an ASD Chromebook checked out to them will be asked to return the device to their school starting May 3.
- Every elementary student who has been issued a District Chromebook
- and is attending classes in person.
- (Students in the virtual program will be handled separately.)
- Students will need to return their Chromebooks and ALL power cords.
- Any Chromebooks not returned by May 7 will be remotely disabled on May 17.
- Chromebooks will be collected between May 3 - 7.
ASD Virtual: Students in the virtual program will be asked to return their device by the end of the school year unless:
- they are attending summer school, or
- they will be enrolled in the virtual program next year.
More detailed information to come.
COVID Reminders for Families and Staff
A few reminders moving forward so we can finish the year strong:
- Please keep students’ home when they are sick or have symptoms.
- Please let you know if you get your child tested.
- Please be diligent in masking and social distancing.