Customs and Traditions
- HOLIDAYS :Colombia has 18 holidays 12 Catholic holidays and 6 Civic holidays, plus Palm and Easter Sunday. The city of Barranquilla has 2 extra holidays celebrating Monday and Tuesday of Carnival. The following is a public holiday in Colombia Año Nuevo (New Year's Day) in January 1.
- MUSIC & DANCES: Vallenato, Salsa or the more suggestive Reggeaton. Other western styles are also popular including Hip Hop, Rock/Indie and Electronica.
FOOD:Colombian food is a mix of European cuisine with aspects of African and indigenous cuisine.They usually include a lot of meat, rice & green plantains (a type of banana that isn't so sweet), the very typical arepa (basic side to any Colombian meal, a bread made from cornmeal). In the coastal areas you will find a good variety of fish, lobster , and seafood.
Holidays and Festivals
- January 1 (New years Day) National holiday they celebrate this event to thank GOD for everything they are blessed to have.
- March 8( Women's day)observance they celebrate this day to honor the women's appreciation in life.
- April 13( Palm Sunday) observance, Christine they celebrate this event because of their religion type.