January 19, 2023
Celebrating our Habit Heroes
Save the Date!
REPORT CARDS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE
Do you have a Parent Portal account? You can use it to pay for iPad insurance, view your child's report card and attendance.
Click on the link below to sign in.
If you are new to the district or have not set up your account, please contact Mary Steffen at firstname.lastname@example.org for an activation code.
Friday, January 20: Popcorn and Stettin Spirit Day
(Thank you PTO)
Wednesday, January 25 at 6:00pm: Pancake Breakfast Meeting
Monday, January 30 - Wednesday, February 1: 5th Grade OVERNIGHT Field Trip to the School Forest
Friday, February 3: KDG and 1st Grades to the Grand Theater
(All tickets paid for by our PTO!)
Friday, February 3: Family Pizza and Bingo Night 5:30-7:00pm
(No cost to families, thanks to our PTO)
Wednesday, February 8: Grade 3 Field Trip to Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
Thursday, February 9: WSD Book Bowl
Friday, February 10: WSD Basketball Jamboree
PTO Meeting Minutes January 17, 2023 6-7pm
I. Call to order at 6:02pm. Sign in and welcome: Jenell Bushong, Kerri Drescher, Jamie Schmieder, Carolyn Brenner, Tiffany Tesch, Lindy Phelps, Timille Johnson, Jill Kleman, Kristin Skansberg, Kelly Halvorsen, Cari Wenninger
II. Leader’s Report
III. New/Current Business
- Culvers Family Night Update: Happening this Wednesday 1/18/23 from 4-8pm. Volunteers are all set to “work”.
- Pizza and Bingo Night Update: February 3 from 5:30-7:00pm. Treasure chest will be purchased using PTO funds for prizes. PTO to purchase pizza – most likely from Little Caesars Hot N Ready.
- Additional Fundraiser Opp: Julie Gaskey emailed Carolyn B about an opportunity called SchoolStore. Percentage of sales goes back to the school. Share a link to shop everday things. Very easy to navigate but we don’t want to hit parents with too many things. Will re visit next year for sure. Another fundraising opp is Papa Murphys as it accepts EBT and the organization receives 20% back.
- Red Rug/PTO closet: The closet was cleaned out and if any staff would like a red rug please take it and use it in your classrooms. Update: Mrs. Phelps will bring and use in her second grade classroom.
- Debit Card update: no new information. Katie S will reach out to other PTOs to see what they do. Cari W will reach out to the bank for more information.
- Pancake breakfast update: Date is set for April 29, 2023 starting at 830am. Kerri Drescher is the co-chair on this, Jamie S is leading the raffles and Chef Kulas is heading the food. January 25 is the next pancake meeting at Stettin. Meeting with Audrey Jensen is 1/18 for additional information/advice on how to run this. Stewart Ave Collision is paying for ½ food and Chef Kulas team at Country Club is paying for the other ½. Raffles are coming along great – a lot of variety already. Decided on big prizes when we receive all the money that we gather from parents and businesses. A HELP letter was drafted and will be going out to school reps shortly. It asks for help from parents to gather baskets items, monetary donation or if parents know of a business/side hustle who would want to donate. We can’t buy anything online due to no debit card. Will have to reimburse / prepaid VISA or a cashiers check. Start with family and friends with HELP letter, then divide and conquer the local businesses for donations. Estimated 500 attendees are breakfast – past years have been around 420ish. This year it will be pre cooked pancakes and each person is allowed 2.7 pancakes – so it is not an all you can eat situation. Keep ticket prizes most likely at $5 adults and $3 kids and 3 and under free. Do we raise ticket prices? Most likely not. Do we raise raffle ticket prizes from previous years? Could as this is where we make the most profit. Do we have a full on family price? In house print shop saves time and money. License will need to be renewed soon.
IV: Financial Report: Expenses were $71 to print the Kwik Trip flyer, $600 for playground toys (balls jump ropes etc.) Grand Theater tickets, popcorn. Revenue is 4th grade profit from the snow toys collection
V: Principal’s Report: Annual scholarship @ Wausau West – yes we are participating again. WW will choose one boy and one girl who have been at Stettin to get a $250 scholarship ($500 total and it is in budget)
VI: Staff Report: appreciate the teacher reimbursement every year and the mailbox goodies, thank you.
VII: Comments not on agenda: have a post pancake meeting, future pto officers. School board meeting is on Monday the 23rd – looking at a future plan, 5pm.
VIII: Announcements: Next PTO meeting is scheduled for Feb 28 (originally Feb 21 but can not due to conferences) at Stetting from 6-7pm.
IX: Adjourn at 7:07pm.
2022-23 School Calendar
2023-24 School Calendar
Lunch and Playground Times
Grade 1 11:30-12:10
Grade 2 11:35-12:15
Grade 3 12:00-12:40
Grade 4 12:05-12:45
Grade 5 12:15-12:55
Our 2022-2023 Stettin Staff
Shelby Coffey email@example.com
Kelly Meeks firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristie Butler email@example.com
Taylor Prososki firstname.lastname@example.org
Haley Ramcheck email@example.com
Ashley Langbecker firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindy Phelps email@example.com
Sydney Schmutzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Hodell email@example.com
Timille Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Brandt email@example.com
Thomas Dziadosz firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor Schlinkmann email@example.com
Mark Sepnafski firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Jacobson email@example.com
Jill Kleman firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech and Language
Meghan Oselka email@example.com
Andrea Bushman firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Lee email@example.com
Gifted and Talented Learning Resource Teacher
Cheryl Borta firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsey Gilbert email@example.com
Jeanette Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicholas Peters email@example.com
Vickie Christianson firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Media Specialist
Julie Gaskey email@example.com
Kaylee Overbeck firstname.lastname@example.org
School Social Worker
Cristin Czerwonka email@example.com
Hallie Beal firstname.lastname@example.org
Krista Dallman email@example.com
Sydney Nielsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Tammy Wipperfurth email@example.com
Susan Ristow firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Steffen email@example.com
Kelly Halvorsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Schneider, Isabella Her, Tavon Wiltzius, Xang Lee, Matt Pijan, Michelle Bradshaw, Tammy Horne, Katie Matyasz, Cari Wenninger, Casey Sparacino, Lilly McEwen