We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
June 3rd, 2016
- This week we had our second round of art with AP students from the high school. We can't wait to show you our creations! Our work will be displayed at field day for you to enjoy.
- We also went on a field trip to go see Charlotte's Web at the Bellmore Theater. We LOVED the show and laughed the whole way through!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: what, said, and was. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We continued learning the following Amazing Words: cabs, headlight, haul, steering wheel, trailors, and truckers.
- We continued learning the following letter and sound: Uu.
- In math, we began our Step Up lessons that are getting us ready for first grade.
Books we've read...
- Trucks Roll by George Ella Lyon
- Some Pig by E.B. White
STAR OF THE WEEK
Scooter was our star "cat" this week. We learned that he loves to be in pictures. He also loves to follow Mrs. Spoto wherever she goes. Great job, Scooter!
- WE WILL BE HAVING FIELD DAY ON THURSDAY, JUNE 16th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GET READY FOR A FUN-FILLED DAY!
- As the weather gets warmer, please remember that the children must wear closed-toe shoes to participate in recess.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!