Week of 3.27.2023
Weekly Message from Hatfield Elementary
Dear Hatfield Families,
I hope you had a wonderful week!
It was another super busy week at Hatfield! Ramadan began on Wednesday for some of our families. We've dedicated our conference room as a quiet space for students to utilize, if they choose, as they fast. Both our fourth and fifth graders had field trips and what a great time they had! Representatives from Curriculum Associates visited many of our math classes to see iReady math in action and they were very impressed with our students and teachers. We also welcomed back Mrs. Cohen! We are so happy to have here back here at Hatfield.
We have many things going on this week as well. Students may participate in our Candy Crush contest. Mrs. Bainbridge created a schedule so that all students will have the opportunity to make their guesses this week! Report cards will be available on Infinite Campus, Tuesday, March 28, 2023. On Friday, our students will practice bus evacuations when they arrive at school and we have our special PBIS activity!
We are looking forward to a great week!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
Hatfield Elementary Principal
Love is an Open Door Contest!
- The deadline has been extended! Please encourage your child to participate in this fun contest. One of our students may be lucky enough to win free tickets to Disney's Frozen Musical at NPHS.
Disney's Frozen the Musical
- The wait is over! North Penn High School Theatre and Thespian Troupe 5464 are proud to present Disney’s Frozen, the Broadway Musical. Shows will be held in the NPHS auditorium (1340 Valley Forge Road, Lansdale) at the following times: 4/27, 4/28, 4/29, and 5/6 at 7:30 PM and 4/30, 5/6, 5/7 at 2:00 PM
- Ticket sales begin March 15 and are available exclusively online at http://www.npenn.org/theatre. Adults are $10, students $5. Tickets will be sold at the door based on availability and accessibility.
- Shows will be live streamed on April 29 and May 6 at 7:30 PM. One streaming ticket for $35 provides access to the show for unlimited viewers. Streaming tickets are also available at http://www.npenn.org/theatre.
Hatfield Literacy Night
- Save the Date for Literacy Night! Join us on Wednesday, May 17 from 6:00 - 7:30 for an evening under the sea! We will have math and reading activities, arts and crafts, face painting and treats. All students who attend will receive a free book. We are looking forward to bringing this fun event back to Hatfield!
PSSA Testing Schedule
- ELA Dates (Grades 3-6): 4/24, 4/25, 4/28
- Math Dates (Grades 3-6): 5/1 and 5/2
- Science Dates (4th Grade only): 5/3 and 5/4
- This is a friendly reminder that if you drop your child off in the morning, you must use the parking lot by the playground. The car drop off line ensures the safety of our students. Please do not drop your child off in the bus lot. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
March-Women's History Month
3/9 Early Dismissal- Elementary Conferences
3/13-3/19 Neurodiversity Celebration Week
3/21 Home and School Meeting
3/21 World Down Syndrome Day
3/21 5th Grade Trip to College Settlement
3/22 Ramadan begins
3/24 4th Grade Trip to Pennsbury Manor
3/27 1st Grade Trip to Crayola Factory
3/28 Report Cards available in Infinite Campus
3/29 3rd Grade Trip to Adventure Aquarium/
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
Home and School Upcoming Events
- VP Special Events - We are looking for a parent(s) to chair our Special Events board position. This person will be responsible for gathering a Committee for each event and ensuring all action items are met for a successful event. This position can be one person or it can be shared with another as Co-VPs.
- Movie Night - June 2nd - More information will be shared as we get closer. If anyone is interested in helping with this event, please contact Jen Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charleston Wrap Spring Fundraiser now through April 21st. Create an online account using group code: 20841. Paperwork will be coming home in the next few weeks. Please share with family and friends!
- Upcoming Dine & Donate Events
Chipotle - 5/13/23
Mom's Water Ice - 6/1/23
- Spring Pictures are scheduled for Wednesday, April 12th. Groups will also be pictured this day. If you are interested in ordering Spring pictures, please order online at mylifetouch.com. Picture Day ID: EVTSP7MCK.
- Remember to order your yearbook for this year. Last day to order is April 24th. Order yearbooks at https://ybpay.lifetouch.com. Yearbook ID: 13983523
- Next Home & School Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 5/23/22. Dr. Bauer will be presenting an update on the High School Renovation.
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: email@example.com.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
This week's staff spotlight is on Mrs. Tanya Bucklund. I am a Board Certified Behavior Analyst for North Penn School District. I am a NP graduate who obtained my Bachelor's degree from the University of Pittsburgh in Developmental Psychology, as well as my Master's in Elementary Education from Temple University and my Behavior Analyst Certificate from Florida Institute of Technology. I am also a Licensed Behavior Analyst in the state of Pennsylvania. I have taught almost every elementary grade and have worked extensively with children and their families in Early Intervention. I am passionate about building relationships between school and families and honored to be a member of the Hatfield Elementary community. In my free time, I enjoy spending time outside being active with my husband, son, daughter and our family dog!
North Penn District Information
- NPSD will be holding a community forum at Pennbrook Middle School on April 13, 6 PM. The forum discussion will center around the renovations to North Penn High School.
- All members of the community are invited to attend the forum and learn more about needed renovations to NPHS, as well as have the opportunity to ask questions. In attendance will be members of NPSD administration, members of the NPSD Board of School Directors, representatives from the architects of the project, Schrader Group, and the project's financial advisors, Public Financial Management. For members of the community who are unable to attend, there is a Community Feedback Form where submitted questions may be answered during the community forum or posted onto the renovations website. The forum will be streamed live on NPTV via Comcast channel 28, Verizon FIOS channel 9, YouTube, Facebook, and on the radio at WNPV 98.5 FM. NPTV is also available for streaming on the FireTV, Apple TV, and ROKU apps (search for North Penn Television). To learn more about the forum and the renovations to NPHS, please visit the Renovations website. We hope to see you at the community forum on 4/13!
- IRONKnights Triathlon (swim, bike, run race)! This year's race will be held on Saturday, May 20th (rain date May 21st). Please check our website for additional information about our event: IRONKnights Website. Registration will be open from January 13th through April 20th. Click here to sign-up on or after January 13th: Register for the 2023 IRONKnights Triathlon. Reach out to Mrs. Ball with questions.
- Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- NP High School Renovation Video: See the amazing video, created by Mr. Gillmer, by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm1SnGZiM
- If your child rides a bike to school, PLEASE remind them that they must wear a helmet. We are noticing that more and more students are not wearing one and of course, their safety is our concern. Thank you for your help with this.
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.