Grade Pass Back
Grade Pass back
The Gradebook integration is a one-way transfer from Canvas to PowerSchool. Grades are passed back only if an assignment is specifically included as part of the grades transfer. You can include grades for assignments, graded discussions, and quizzes on a per-assignment basis.
There are a few steps to get the pass back set up and then you can easily transfer grades from Canvas to PowerSchool. This is still new for Canvas so, fair warning, there may be an occasional hiccup, but overall this seems to be working well and teachers that have been using it are happy!
How to use Grade Pass Back
Tips and Tricks for Grade Pass Back
- Assignments are selected for PowerSchool on a per-assignment basis. The Post Grades to SIS checkbox must be enabled for each assignment that you want to send to PowerSchool.
- All Assignment names must be unique or they cannot be identified by PowerSchool.
- Assignment names cannot be longer than 30 characters.
- Due Dates are required to send an assignment to PowerSchool.
- Every assignment that is selected with the Post Grades to SIS checkbox will be sent to PowerSchool every time you select the Post Grades button in the Gradebook. If you do not want to send an assignment to PowerSchool, you must manually edit the assignment and uncheck the assignment’s Post Grades to SIS checkbox.
- To view grades posted from Canvas, you must refresh PowerSchool and open the Gradebook.