Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - May 20, 2021
Dear Blue Hills Families,
The Class of 2021 Awards Night will be a virtual ceremony this year. The ceremony will premiere at 6 p.m. tonight, May 20, 2021. Here is the youtube link to watch: https://youtu.be/S3SEO9P9PSE
Covid-19 Protocols have been shifting as guidance is updated. A few notes and reminders:
- Athletes no longer need to wear masks while playing outdoors. This applies to youth sports and was adopted by the MIAA this week.
- Students participating in outdoor activities, outdoor classes, and outdoor PE classes do not need to wear masks.
- Even after the state lifts the mask requirement at the end of this month, schools are required to continue masking while indoors.
- We will be maintaining our six feet of social distancing in the cafeteria through the end of this school year.
- Graduation will be outside, and we are requiring students to pre-register guests. However, masks will not be required since our graduation is outdoors. Guests who have not been vaccinated are asked to wear masks per the state guidelines.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- May 17, 18, 20, 21 - Grade 10 MCAS
- May 20, Senior Awards Night, 6 p.m. (Virtual)
- May 31, No School, Memorial Day
- June 2, Senior Field Day
- June 3, Seniors' Last Day (Early dismissal)
- June 8, Graduation, 6 p.m. (Pre-Registration Required; must be completed by Seniors)
- June 16 & June 17 - Early Dismissals (11:00 a.m.)
- June 17 - Last Day of School
SENIORS are reminded to register their guests for Graduation. This is required in order to receive tickets for the ceremony. A link to the registration has been sent out to the senior class.
SENIOR FAMILIES: Many thanks to Mrs. Karen Capobianco and family for designing, ordering, and distributing the lawn signs!! If you were unable to come and purchase a lawn sign, please reach out to me or stop by the school during school hours as there are a few remaining.
Senior Lawn Signs!!
The Blue Hills Booster Club can be found on facebook for general information. You can find more detailed information through the school website by clicking on the Student/Parents tab then click on the Booster Club.
The Booster Club meets via zoom on the 4th Wednesday of each month. The calendar will provide information on store hours, meeting notes, times, and link to zoom, and upcoming events. If you should have any further questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Information - From Nurse Gainey
Please send your records of physical exams to Nurse Gainey.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
*DAILY SYMPTOM CHECK
EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS CAN HAPPEN
What you do next will help control the spread of the infection:
TESTING, TRACING, ISOLATION, COMMUNICATION
- If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms please stay home and get tested.
- If someone in your home tests positive you must quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you become symptomatic.
- If you are informed that you are a close contact (within less than or equal to 6 feet for 10 to 15 minutes over 24 hours with or without mask or if someone coughed or sneezed directly in your unmasked face) you MUST quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if symptomatic.
- If a family member is identified as a close contact, and you are NOT symptomatic, you are expected to come to school. If that family member tested positive you would then be considered a close contact and be required to quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you became symptomatic.
- If you return from out of state travel, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.
- Please notify the school email@example.com asap or call Mrs. Gainey RN @ 781-828-5800 X 2230 or Mrs. Pica @ X 2250 in Student Affairs if you are absent or to report a COVID-19 concern.
All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through the end of this school year.
Students that are learning at home are eligible for meal pickup - please click on the link below to place orders and learn more:
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.
Community, Opportunity, Relevance, Employability