Growth Mindset Resources
A collection of images, videos, and links to spark learning.
Change Your Words; Change Your Mindset
What Can I Say to Myself?
TED-Ed Lesson Plan
A Pep Talk from Kid President to You
Growth Mindset Questions for You & Your Students
Growth Mindset Basics
- Define Growth Mindset.
- Give examples of famous people who had this trait.
- How can you/do you use a growth mindset to achieve success in your life.
Growth Mindset Reflection
2. What do you need to work on for the next assessment?
3. What steps will you take to achieve your goal? Give specific details.
Growth Mindset Goal Setting
2. What are some things you need to work on in (insert your subject) for the next quarter?
3. How do you plan to achieve your goals for improvement? Give specific details.
Why You Need to Fail
Musician and author Derek Sivers explains the importance of failure--for effective learning, growth mindset, and quality through experimentation.
Activity: Take a few minutes and think about a time when you made a really bad mistake. Write down what happened: what was the mistake, why did you make it, how did you feel, what could you have done differently? Reflect a bit more and write down what you learned from making the mistake--maybe about what you were trying to accomplish or about yourself. Divide into small groups and share your experience with others.
Assignment: Be an investigative reporter and ask as many different people as you can to tell you about a bad mistake they made and what they learned from it. Write down their answers. Be sure to get their first name, age, and what they do. Type up all the answers you collect and share them with colleagues or classmates.