Welcome Home Yeomen!
School starts FOR ALL students September 5, 2023
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! We are looking forward to the opening of school. Many people have worked very hard in order to ensure your child receives the best education possible.
New Greenbriar Cell Phone and AirPod (headphone) Policy:
- Students may use their cell phones before and after school ONLY.
- Students who have their phones (including Apple Watches/Galaxy Watches) seen or heard during non-cell phone times will have the phone taken (locked in office) for the parent to pick up. Progressive discipline begins.
- AirPods are NOT ALLOWED in any capacity. If worn, they will be taken, locked in our office and a parent will need to pick-up. Progressive discipline will commence.
- Please DO NOT call/text your student(s). If this occurs, the same procedure will be used as mentioned previously. If you need to make contact with your student(s), please call the office. Your best options would be:
* Lock in locker immediately in morning.
- No investigations by administration will occur for stolen/lost phone, AirPods and Apple Watches/Galaxy Watches.
Important Items for The First Day:
- The first day for students will be Tuesday, September 5, 2023. Our school day begins at 8:00 a.m. and dismissal for school is at 2:50 p.m. *** These are NEW start and end times***
- Breakfast (free, reduced or full price) will be served beginning the first day. Lunch will be served on this day in the cafeteria, or your child may bring his/her lunch to school.
- You may drop your child off in the morning after 7:30 a.m. (***this is a change***). We encourage you to drop them off by 7:50 a.m. daily. If you are dropping off or picking up your child before/after school, you must use the Annex Parking lot. The main loop in the front of our building is for buses and staff only.(this is also a change) Once the buses are released, you may pick up your child in the loop. Buses will be released daily by 3:05 p.m. Please do not enter the front loop between 2:30-3:05. ***This is new this year!*** Please pay special attention to the new traffic patterns. See the map below to ensure you understand the new patterns to protect the safety of our students and our staff.
Additional information will be included in this newsletter. This includes information concerning updating your student(s) Emergency Contact in Home Access Center, our school calendar, new pick up and drop off instructions, new phone system information, PCSD Opening Kick Off Information, attendance information, fall school pictures, Nutrition Services information and applications, and our school supply list!
Parma City Schools is continuing the fee collection procedure. You will be billed directly by the Board of Education. You will have three options of payment: check, money order or credit. For security reasons we are asking that you do not send cash to school.
On the first day of school, 8th Graders are to report to the cafeteria, 7th Graders are to report to the annex gym, 6th Graders to the B side (left side) of the main gym and 5th Graders to the A (right side) of the main gym.
I look forward to working and meeting with you and your child during the coming school year. Please feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to an exciting school year!!
NEW Drop Off Instructions
Doors will open at 7:30a.m. for students to enter the building.
Only buses and staff members will be allowed in the main parking lot from 7:15a.m. - 8:00a.m.
- All car riders will be dropped off in the Annex parking lot using a similar procedure as our afternoon dismissal.
- The changes will be: cars will enter the parking lot at the East Annex entrance (closest to Stumph Rd.), pull in front of the Annex building, loop through the parking lot, and exit at the West Annex Exit Only Drive.
- This drive will have a right and a left hand turning lane. We have included a map for further clarification. Please follow the yellow arrows.
Emergency Contact Update:
At the beginning of July you received information from Central Office to log in to your Home Access Center to update your student(s) emergency contact information. We will have someone from Central Office here at Open House on September 7th to help you with any questions.
We want to remind you that if you do not complete the update, there is a district wide disciplinary process:
- Students are not permitted to attend sports practices or any extracurriculars until the form is updated.
- If the form is not filled out by October 1, 2023, the student will be locked out of using their device (Chromebook) until a parent/guardian completes the Emergency Contact Update Form.
- If the parent/guardian still does not update the form, the student could face detention and/or suspension.
Please complete the form for your student's safety!
5th Grade Parent and Student Orientation
5th Grade Orientation will be Thursday, August 31, 2023, starting at 5:00 pm. Please see the attached letter for information pertaining to our 5th grade Parent and Student Orientation
Hello and welcome back to the 2023/2024 Parma City School Year. Below is the date and time our clinic will be open to accept your student's medication before school. Getting your child’s medication to school early will ensure a smooth transition when school starts.
Greenbriar Middle School
Date: August 31st
During this time, the clinic staff will be here to accept your child’s medication and any supplies needed to provide health care. You will need to enter through the front doors and drop off your medication to the nurse. Please be mindful that our 5th grade orientation will be taking place, and you will not have access to the building.
When dropping off your child’s medication, each individual medication will need to be in its original container along with an administration form that is signed by their physician and co-signed by parent/guardian. If you need the medical forms, please visit the PCSD website under "SCHOOL HEALTH FORMS".
MUMKIN & MUMSTER Sale
Student Council News
Fathers' Walk will be held on Thursday, Sept. 21, from 7:30-7:55 am. Please mark your calendars now. Details will follow.
Student Council Applications are due on September 8, 2023 Click this link to access the application.
(Our first meeting will be September 13, 2023)
Penny Wars will run from Sept. 18 - Sept. 23.
All dollars ($1, $5, $10, $20) will earn DOUBLE POINTS for your homeroom. Start saving your coins now!
Greenbriar’s Fall Picture day will be Friday, September 15, 2023. We will again be using Lifetouch. Order forms will be sent home with your student the first week of school. You can also order online by visiting Lifetouch’s website at www.mylifetouch.com and enter our code “EVTKWRZXB” in the Picture Day ID field.
Reminder of Important Dates
- Home Access Center Opens - Monday, August 28 - Approx. 4:00p.m.
- PBIS Chipotle fundraiser - August 30, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- 5th Grade Parent and Student Orientation - Thursday, August 31 - 5:00p.m.
- 1st Day of School - Tuesday, September 5.
- 6th Grade Meet the Staff - Thursday, September 7 - 5:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.
- 7th & 8th Grade Meet the Staff - Thursday, September 7 - 6:30p.m. - 7:30p.m.
- September 12th - 26th - MUMKIN & MUMSTER Sale
- September 15th - Picture Day
- September 21st - Fathers' Walk
- September 18th - 22nd - Student Council Penny Wars