Forest Glen Newsletter
September 28, 2018
International Walk to School Day- October 10th
- Daily physical activity
- Teaching safe pedestrian and bicycling skills to children
- Awareness of how walkable and bikeable a community is and where improvements could be made
- Concern for the environment
- Reducing traffic congestion, pollution, and speed near schools
- Sharing time with community leaders, parents, and children
To learn more about Walk to School Day and the benefits of walking, check out this web site:
Bridging Brighter Smiles
Golden Apple Awards
Student Information Updates/School Fees
If you have not yet remitted payment for your child's annual fees, you may do so online using the Student Quick Pay feature on the district's website. You may pay fees for all of your children who attend the Howard-Suamico School District. You will need to know your child's Student I.D. number. Student IDs were listed on your child's placement email. If you prefer to pay by cash or check, you can remit payment to school with your child. The 2018-2019 school fees are as follows: Grades K-4: $20.00 Textbook Rental Fee. An additional $35.00 Technology Insurance Fee applies only to 3rd and 4th grade.
Importance of School Attendance
- You can now report your child's absence online on our school web page! Click here to report an absence! You can also call the school's attendance line at 662-7990.
- Monitor your child’s tardies and absences through the district website: http://powerschool.hssd.k12.wi.us/public/
- Click here for more information about the importance of attendance from the State Superintendent's office.
**Important Dates to Remember**
- October 3rd - Picture Order Forms Due
- October 9th & 10th - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Heritage Hill
- October 10th - International Walk to School Day
- October 12th - 4th Grade Madison Trip
- October 22nd - Vision Screening (K, 1st & 3rd Grades, & Requests)
- October 25th & 26th - No School
- November 6th - Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 7th - Picture Retake Day
- November 8th - Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 9th - 2 Hr Early Release (K-4) Dismissal at 1:25
- November 14th - Retake Forms Due
- November 21st - Half Day (K-12) Dismissal at 11:45
- November 22nd & 23rd - No School
Upcoming Timbertail and Dress Up Days!
- October 9th- Timbertail Day
- October 13th- Bay Port Homecoming- Sport your Bay Port gear
- October 23rd- Timbertail Day
- November 6th- Timbertail Day
- November 9th- Grade Level Day - Each grade level will be assigned a specific color to wear
- November 20th- Timbertail Day
- Click here for the latest PTO news, meeting agendas and minutes, reports and order forms.
- Volunteers: Forest Glen’s PTO is comprised entirely of volunteer parents who wish to have a direct impact on the school community. PTO has a place for you and we would love for you to join us! Please access here to connect to an online survey that will share your interest for volunteering with PTO representatives
Third Thursdays Fundraisers!!!
Forest Glen PTO has partnered with several businesses in the to bring you regularly scheduled fundraising opportunities throughout the year. On the third Thursday of each month, a local business has offered to support Forest Glen with a fundraising event. When you order from that month’s business, mention Forest Glen or bring in the flyer that will be sent home and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Forest Glen.
- October 18th - Firehouse Subs
- November 15th - Barnes & Noble
- December 20th (all month) - Chili's
- January 17th - Culver's
- February 21st - Zesty's
- March 21st - 1951 West
- April 18th - Marco's
- May 16th - Tapped
- June (TBD) - Green Bay Bullfrogs
The Howard - Suamico School District partnering with local organizations features a Community Page that includes a list highlighting events for families in the villages of Howard, Suamico and Green Bay, i.e. scouting,festivals, parades, etc.
- The Driven to Give Event will be at Bay Port High School on October 12th from 3 pm - 8 pm. Dorsch Lincoln will be bringing cars to Bay Port for participants to test drive and will donate $20 for every test drive given to the FCCLA (Family, Career, Community Leaders of America). You must be 18 years old and possess a valid driver's license and insurance to participate.
Bay Port DECA is hosting a Trick or Trot Fun Run on Saturday, October 13th with registration in the Bay Port Union starting at 8:30 am. The early registration deadline is October 5th and the cost is $15/person or $45/family. After October 5th, the cost will be $20/person and $50/family. T-shirts are only guaranteed for early registration. Proceeds will benefit the Howard-Suamico School District Mental Health Plan. Please use this link to register and to view the attached flyer for more information. Thank you for your support, we hope to see you there!
- West De Pere Middle School PACT will be hosting a 3 on 3 basketball tournament at West De Pere Middle School, open to the public for students in grades 3rd - 8th. The tournaments are on Saturday, October 20th for girls and on Sunday, October 21st for boys. Registration forms and fees are due by September 30th.
- Register today for the 2018-2019 Youth Wrestling Program for pre-kindergarten through 5th grade. Registration can be done online and will remain open until November 12th.
Facilities Use Calendar
Events at various district facilities can be located by using the calendar.
If you are looking to request the use of one of the district’s facilities, it’s easy! Just click on the Request Facilities button from the calendar page and sign up. It’s that simple. If you have questions, contact the school office at 662-7958. Requests for facility usage are subject to approval based on administrative policy 7510.
School Board Connection with Mark Ashley
The Board of Education invites attendance and participation from district residents at the 2018-2019 Budget Hearing & Annual School District Meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018, 6pm in the District Office Community Training Center, 2706 Lineville Road, Village of Suamico.
This event is an opportunity for the community and the school district to connect, to communicate and to reach greater understanding. School administrators and board members provide focus on achievements, needs and the future of the district. Please consider joining us on September 24.
If you have any questions for the Board of Education, please reach out to your Board member located in this article or visit the website at www.hssd.k12.wi.us/board-members
Contact Information: email@example.com